Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rob

yagi 2.4Ghz yagi

239 posts in this topic

,,, with what you did the measurements..???

The result is out of this world!!! 

This access point is more than 4 km's away from here. using Tenda N301 as the radio.

test result.jpg

,,, what do you mean by this ... ????("The result is out of this world!!!" )

it's about my previous reply, the results is just the best for a small antenna. that's what I mean.

1 person likes this

WOW

long time i don't visit this forum

Dude above with double biquad made mistake 

30 17 mm

1 person likes this

What type of coax cable is supposed to be used? And does it matter if it's 50 or 75 ohms? If it does matter, is there a way to check any coax cable to tell how many ohms it is? 

Thank you! 

,,, most of the antennas on this forum are for 50 Ohm coaxial cable adaptation...!!

8 hours ago, BenQ204 said:

is there a way to check any coax cable to tell how many ohms it is? 

Thank you! 

with the label number model etc...it should have it printed on the sleeve...(eg. RGxx)

5 hours ago, BenQ204 said:

Ok are any of the following 50 ohms? 

- RG 58/u 50ohms

- RG 59  75ohms TV

- RG 6 75 ohms

Hello there,

I've seen all this topic and found many way to make a wifi 2,4Ghz antenna. Thanks to all of you about the work you've done here.

A this time my project is blocked and I'm lost... but I really want to realize this antenna. 
When I plug the antenna to my card, I see network but I can't connect to them. If I go outside I can't see any new network in the neighborhood and there a lot of house around. Just my network and I can't connect to any network :(
My usb card is an external brand new alfa AWUS1900. Average output power 21dBm with four external dual band 5dBi antenna. I can see new network if I go outside with the card and all work fine.

On side of the antenna ; 75 ohms RG6U (Europe) and the conventional stuff for the rest. 

I'll post my actual config. I know distance are not good, It's a mix of different sheme and now I'm tired of assemble and disassemble and assemble, etc.

I've seen insulated is needed somewhere (otherwise there's shortcut), so i've tried to insulate disk 1 and then disk 2. Checked every time with my ohmmeter. 

But can someone tell which disk do I have to insulate?O.o

What I wanna know is if someone can see a details or somethings.

I will be ordering real connectors, cables and adapters in the next week. For today I had to do with the means at hand.

IMG_0476.jpg

sheme.jpg

,,, after replacing the connector, place the ALFA AWUS1900 router next to the antenna....

screenshot_442.png

2 people like this

ALL losses and VSWR , z mismatch...cheap CATV cable is not for 2,4ghz

Try a DIRECT COAX from card to antenna (low losses if possible)

Also aw1900 is dual band you should try to turn off the 5.8ghz to use this yagi...

IMG_0476.jpg.fb8c97ab4535e6165c8c27752478a874.jpg

Edited by clanon

3 hours ago, clanon said:

ALL losses and VSWR , z mismatch...cheap CATV cable is not for 2,4ghz

yep ^_^ 
crimping tool, rp-sma male and female are already in transit and I found 50m CFD195 low loss in my garage from my old job. Better than the white TV cable for sure.
Next link to the antenna will be better.

Dual band situation was already in my mind. It's not possible in ALFA integrated app to disabled 5Ghz. I've opened the AWUS to see the board, tried to plug/unplug antennas in different scenario to see if 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz are more visible and found which output is designed to operate in each frequency.... BUT, unfortunately driver is not stable (reboot frequently), each scenario are quite similar, sometimes inconsistent and I can't see anything that's help on the board. Documentation is also imprecise.

So maybe AWUS036NH (2,4Ghz only) can be an option in the future.

Any words about insulating? I'm very curious about which disk I have to insulate.

IMG_0480.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-09-03 à 23.43.22.jpg

1 person likes this

a good plastic (pet ,ptfe , pp) ring on the DRIVEN element (the one with the inner wire soldered) but simulations shows it doesn't make much difference...

the DRIVEN PATCH from the BAR ...drawing in the LEFT

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

wikidevi having 0+1+2+aux antennas doesn't seem like the BEST candidate for a single antenna...firmware hardware conflicts...and all

for hacking you should try a in 2,4ghz the best are (in that order)

TP WN722 (version 1.0 1.1 ONLY)

RTL8187 (any flavor but imho 8187 B ,BvE ,SE, L)

and any r3070 card

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, clanon said:

TP WN722 (version 1.0 1.1 ONLY)

Dude! It seems this card is no longer exist on this solar system ^_^ even used...
For the rest, thanks for the advice, I write down this information.

10 hours ago, analog said:

Dude! It seems this card is no longer exist on this solar system ^_^ even used...
For the rest, thanks for the advice, I write down this information.

well any knock off with an AR9271 should work...but firmware makes a big difference

I have a 722 and a 721 (both ar9271 , same hardware  different firmware) HUGE difference

then the rtl8187B was digging up all the APs the 722 left unseen and hacking them on the fly

finnally the wn7200 (r3070) with some issues with Linux scripts...

dear admin i'm getting confused would you please send the latest design for 2.4ghz wifi band? thank you

On 22/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, Admin said:

I think that's the best...

screenshot_956.png

What's values 10, 0.25 mean?

Can you just explain last 3 discs in details? What distance should i maintain and what diameters?