Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jeriyant

Yagi Antenna Yagi Extreme 3 Dual Driven

46 posts in this topic

Hello Friends, can you explain what type of this yagi antenna is? in my country this antenna is very popular and good, because it has high gain and in areas with no signal at all you can get 3G and 4G LTE signals. I hope my friends can explain this antenna, because I have tried to do a yagi calculator but nothing fits this type of antenna.

photo_2021-03-16_03-06-33.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_03-06-38.jpgYagi Extreme III Dual Driven.SLDPRT_11.jpgPart1_12.jpgPart1_13.jpg

Part1_13.jpg

Edited by Jeriyant
3 people like this

is two Yagi Folded dipole adjusted to hit the high and low Frequencies...i tried one and it has SEVERAL resonance PEAKS that must fall in your frequencies of interest 

https://www.wifi-antennas.com/topic/2101-698-3800-mhz-yagi/?page=1

the adaptation inside the box is REALLY important...

Gain should be close to 15 db at best

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

Hi Jervant, where you come from? 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, clanon said:

is two Yagi Folded dipole adjusted to hit the high and low Frequencies...i tried one and it has SEVERAL resonance PEAKS that must fall in your frequencies of interest 

https://www.wifi-antennas.com/topic/2101-698-3800-mhz-yagi/?page=1

the adaptation inside the box is REALLY important...

Gain should be close to 15 db at best

okay thanks for the explanation you gave my friend, I'm still confused about what frequency is used in the antenna? can you give the correct Yagi calculator for the antenna?

2 hours ago, yeam said:

Hi Jervant, where you come from? 

Hi, I from Indonesia my friends.
and you where you come from?

5 hours ago, Jeriyant said:

Hi, I from Indonesia my friends.
and you where you come from?

Hi, I got installed the antenna you shown before. The results are not satisfying. If you would like to use yagi antenna better looks for LPDA (700-2700Mhz). If you are looking for high gain and wideband antenna, better look for parabolic antenna with feedhorn. You are an installer or antenna designer?

1 hour ago, yeam said:

Hi, I got installed the antenna you shown before. The results are not satisfying. If you would like to use yagi antenna better looks for LPDA (700-2700Mhz). If you are looking for high gain and wideband antenna, better look for parabolic antenna with feedhorn. You are an installer or antenna designer?

thanks friends for the information, I am an antenna installer and I want to learn in the process of making an antenna for a cellular network.

okay thanks for greeting me, here I will provide information about this antenna. I hope the admin can help me in making simulations and parameters for the Yagi calculator, so that I can make antennas of this type with different sizes.

2021-03-16_151657.jpg

photo_2021-03-16_15-14-12.jpg

1 person likes this

,,,the dipole pipes are in contact(on contour)...???

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,,the dipole pipes are in contact(on contour)...???

The driven is not in contact with the boom, because there is a plastic case blocking it

,,,this is what the vibrator looks like..???

d5b.jpg

Hi jeriyant, is the copper tube are insulated? Can you test the connection whether the two copper tube in the dipole is shorted? The structure look weird

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,,okay,thanks...!!!

Okay, you are welcome just info that the antenna has a cable length of up to 30 meters and I often use it in areas far from the reach of the Base Transceiver Station tower. even though it looks like there is no service on my cellphone, with this antenna I get 3 bars of 3G 2100mhz and 4G 900mhz / 1800mhz networks.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, yeam said:

Hi jeriyant, is the copper tube are insulated? Can you test the connection whether the two copper tube in the dipole is shorted? The structure look weird

wait, i will try to test copper pipe with multitester. yes this antenna does look strange but the gain is very good for areas far from the signal range of 4G LTE / 3G.

Let us simulate in software and see the performance first, there is many others good antenna too. 

this is a picture I did the antenna installation at a height of 21 meters. and below there is no signal at all.

2021-03-16_181827.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_18-18-47.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_18-18-52.jpg

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, yeam said:

Let us simulate in software and see the performance first, there is many others good antenna too. 

that's what I hope, hope you guys can solve this mystery?

For extensive research on this antennaphoto_2021-03-16_18-53-35.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_18-53-38.jpg

one end connected to the other

so between copper and other coppers, connected to each other

photo_2021-03-16_18-53-41.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_18-53-44.jpgphoto_2021-03-16_18-53-47.jpg2021-03-16_185401.jpg

Edited by Jeriyant
1 person likes this