Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

U-slot antenna

30 posts in this topic

,,, type of antenna,not very easy to produce , but with good results in circular polarization.
Between the patch and  irradiated put plate of polystyrene or polyurethane...

U-slot_01.jpg

U-slot_02.jpg

U-slot_03.jpg

U-slot_04.jpg

U-slot_05.jpg

U-slot_07.jpg

2 people like this

,,,unless if you translated feed point to the left or to the right...!!!

You can try...!!!!

For circularly polarization, can you offer axial ratio vs frequency and the method to obtain this result.

10 hours ago, MrElec said:

For circularly polarization, can you offer axial ratio vs frequency and the method to obtain this result.

This is what you want?

11.jpg

In fact i want to knowhow to plot Axial Ratio of a circularly polarized antenna Vs frequency (tha gragh is a cartesian one AR =f(frequency) ). I tried your model but i can't get the same results. I've attached the project. So could you tell me please what was wrong with the model and how to deal with the AR.

U-Slot Patch Antenna.cst

what kind of dielectric spacer did you choose?
with what dielectric constant(relative permittivity)?

the best is polystyrene,,,!!!

Hi,

I worked with foam loaded from CST material library. The relative permittivity of the dielectric is 2.2.

Oh no, excuse me Admin i have made a mistake. In fact, i've created this material and renamed it to foam. 

,,,create another type of material (polystyrene) in CST material library, with er=1,2 and load it...!!!

Do you have a reference to this antenna ? Also, may be the meshing is not good.

1 hour ago, MrElec said:

In fact i want to knowhow to plot Axial Ratio of a circularly polarized antenna Vs frequency (tha gragh is a cartesian one AR =f(frequency) ). I tried your model but i can't get the same results. I've attached the project. So could you tell me please what was wrong with the model and how to deal with the AR.

U-Slot Patch Antenna.cst

your CST file I can not open ?!

My *cst file,,,!!!

E-Patch.cst

I'm using CST MWS 2017. 've opened your project and now i see my problem. I've used PEC sheets and the dimensions are not the same. This is why we got different results. Now for circular polarization, usually we demand to plot axial ratio versus frequency in cartisian system AR = f (frequency) to prove that the antenna is circularly polarized. I think that there are some changes in the far field propreties. What do u think ?

I did this simulation today and I did not have time to optimize something ... !!!

to me that looks,,,!!!!

16.jpg

Yeh, your project gave S11 = -14.09 dB but it's value -42.37 dB in your first post. 

in the past I think I used another dielectric with other dimensions

3 hours ago, MrElec said:

Do you have a reference for this antenna ?

not

in order to get the circular polarization you can vary the two side arm lengths of the U slot.....there are pretty good papers in IEEE explaining the CP generation using U slot....but you wiull get narrow Axial ration bandwidth in such cases.....in order to get wider axial ration bandwidth go for slot antennas.

1 person likes this