Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RomanWorkshop

Warnings in CST Studio

When simulating my antenna in CST Studio 2019 I get these messages:

1. "Defined reference frequency for open boundary condition (2.442 GHz) is larger than the lowest relevant system frequency (monitor at 2 GHz).
Please check open boundary settings to ensure accurate monitor results for the lowest frequency of interest."

2. "1037 mesh edges are represented in staircase mode and have been filled with PEC.
3533 mesh edges are partially filled with PEC."

What should I do?

,,where did you get these messages ... ??

,,,for 2,442GHz -broadband field monitors=>fmin=1,942GHz; fmax=2,942GHz

,,,show image or put the cst*file here ... !!! 

3 hours ago, RomanWorkshop said:

1. "Defined reference frequency for open boundary condition (2.442 GHz) is larger than the lowest relevant system frequency (monitor at 2 GHz).

it means that the FRECUENCY range choosed is too small , set it from 2  to 3 ghz

the PEC thing doesn't matter much...is the MESH or check for INTERSECTIONS (interferences between solids)

Edited by clanon

,,,the antenna I think works well, but I think the design is not very good...

screenshot_2484.jpg

screenshot_2483.jpg

2 people like this

1 hour ago, clanon said:

it means that the FRECUENCY range choosed is too small , set it from 2  to 3 ghz

I already had this frequency set from 2 to 3 GHz, I also tried change it from 0-5 GHz, but warning message is still displayed.

Well, it's my first design. How to automatic position of port between these cylindrical elements?

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, RomanWorkshop said:

How to automatic position of port between these cylindrical elements?

W  key and double click (align WCS) at the right point and angle. then make that distance the port length (a little more does not harm) SELECT port on the left panel and TRANSLATE (rotate) etc

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

I added reflector (170x244mm, Steel-1008, 1mm thickness) with space between it and vibrators h=8mm. Now it is quite good antenna for 2.3 GHz ;) I must change dimensions of elements and maybe it will work for Wifi 2.4 GHz.

The impedance chart is interesting; by changing "h" space between reflector and vibrators, impedance was drop to 53 Ohms. So does antenna not require any impedance matching now and can be connected directly with a coaxial cable?

BowTie_F.pngBowTie_S.pngBowTie_V.pngBowTie_Z.png

1 person likes this

it's a BALANCED antenna (symmetrical HALFs) it NEEDs a balun 1:1 if you're close to 50 ohms

and 4:1 if you get close to 200ohms

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

Warning in CST microwave studio while simulating Microstrip Patch Antenna? I am getting a warning while viewing the far field pattern of the antenna ...I always face with this warning in CST for unitcell structures: "The input reflection of the S-parameters seems  counter  to be large at . "Defined reference frequency for open boundary condition (2.442 GHz) is larger than the lowest relevant system frequency (monitor at 2 GHz).It simplifies the process of creating the structure by providing a powerful graphical solid modeling front end which is based on the ACIS modeling kernel warning message. CST MICROWAVE STUDIO - Partial RLC Solver • Fixed erroneous RLC computation in second simulation run. CST CABLE STUDIO • Dielectric shapes are ...

,Noradavis,post a CST file with such problems..!!!