Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Instrumental

Reliable 1.8Ghz disc yagi antenna design?

Hello

Recently, I have ordered the materials for building this type of antenna. 

However I’ve only found one scheme for 1.8 ghz disc yagi antenna and I’m not sure if the measures are correct. 
Should I also make two antennas for 4G router if it has two sma connectors on the back or it would work fine with just one?

Can someone help me improve or confirm the existing antenna design shown in the picture? Thanks

Additional read:
1. I plan on making two 1.8GHz external antennas for my 4G router (Huawei HA35) in hope it would improve signal reception and speed. Router operates in average of 1.5/3 signal bars (4,5mbit download/1.5mbit upload). 

2. I have measured the output antenna voltage on two female SMA connectors located on the back side of the router (~1.75V, separate circuits). 

ISP: HT HR, 4G-LTE (Band 3, Band 20)

2. Why disc yagi? 
It’s easy to build elements on winding rod

3. I am aware this design has its flaws and antenna would be in shorted unless isolated on the main rod which I plan to do 

screenshot_2213.jpg

DE7E86F9-CD4E-4847-A8E1-64EB20C5B81C.webp

1 person likes this

,,, yes, it is necessary to position two antennas at 45 degrees with a distance between them of approx. 0.9 * lambda..!!!

,,, a single MiMo antenna does not have the two ports isolated...!!!

,,,the above antenna is not well sized...!!!

1 person likes this

On 11/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, Admin said:

,,, yes, it is necessary to position two antennas at 45 degrees with a distance between them of approx. 0.9 * lambda..!!!

,,, a single MiMo antenna does not have the two ports isolated...!!!

,,,the above antenna is not well sized...!!!

Thanks for insight. I have found the right measures on Cantennator app which I will post below.

However, I can’t find instructions on how to polarize Disk-Yagi antenna (put them in MIMO) as it has circular main driven element. Im sure radiation patterns are different on Yagi-Disk antenna compared toYagi-Uda antennas.

How do I know what is 45 degrees on Yagi Disk antenna? 
Is circular disk problematic with pairing MIMO antennas comparing to Yagi-Uda? 

I’m not sure how to apply your lambda measurement on scale either. Sorry for lack of math skills haha

Thanks

6E5B7586-F06A-477E-929D-300653B228E6.png

D1DD911B-4F15-4DAB-B4C2-726283162FD0.png

Instrumental,Bester antennas made after this program (Cantennator), are not very good...!!!!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Admin said:

Instrumental,Bester antennas made after this program (Cantennator), are not very good...!!!!

Oh thanks for letting me know! ...disappointing but I will wait out for new antenna solution then I guess.

best regards 

3 hours ago, Antenna gun said:

is it suitable for 75 ohm conductor

,,,not really...!!!