Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sandeepv

UWB antenna

126 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

I have designed a patch antenna shown in the attached file, I got the VSWR plot which is not identical to the one shown in the paper. How can I reproduce the exact graph in hfss. one more thing how can I plot the gain vs frequency plot given in the paper.

cao2011.pdf

test5.hfss

Hi, thanks for ur reply.... in the gain vs frequency graph,  gain value is positive over the UWB, but in your post after 9 Ghz gain drops to negative value... I think in the paper they plotted peak gain vs frequency rather than total gain vs frequency.please correct me if i am wrong. Have you got the similar VSWR plot in the paper ?

. Untitled.png n

even here also we are getting negative gain  around 9 to 11 GHz which is undesirable ...... can't we reproduce the exact results from base paper ?

HFSS>Results>Create>,> .,>,,,,,etc

in CST is another situation,,,!!!!

96.jpg

Hello,  good evening, did you find any mistakes in my antenna design steps..  if so please correct me :) .  if I  repeat the same steps to design any antenna will it give me good practical result?. 

Thank you... i will modify the design and will post it soon ...:)

Hello, I have modified the design ...I used PEC cap on the wave port to avoid warnings from hfss because only lumped ports can be defined inside radiation box... The VSWR plot is now degraded a lot at lower frequencies ...i am attaching the file  please checkout it.

test5.hfss

Untitled.png

No, it's not good enough ...I have got better VSWR response when the wave port is not defined inside radiation box( the plot is available on this page only)

the above image is from the base paper .... there were three dips at near 3GHZ, around 6.5 GHz, and around 10.5 GHz. I want to reproduce exact VSWR response. What should i DO?

Edited by sandeepv

,,,but this it"s CPW monopole antenna with quadruple band-notched..!!!

07.jpg

48 minutes ago, sandeepv said:

so you want me to stick to the previous design ?

,,,no,it"s another kind of boundaries box...!!!!

ok, ..please tell me what I have to do in order to reproduce the  base paper results................

yes, boundaries i too agree they are important, but i am defining the boundaries as mentioned in HFSS hand book still nothing happens .