Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

2M Antenna

26 posts in this topic

Good yield an antenna that can be mounted on an offset parabola...

2Mulu_08.JPG

2Mulu_07.JPG

2a.JPG

1Mulu_09.JPG

2Mulu_10.JPG

2Mulu_11.JPG

2Mulu_12.JPG

2Mulu_13.JPG

2Mulu_14.JPG

image11.jpg

Another construction to enlarge frequency band in 3G...

screenshot_3523.jpg

GEDC0955.JPG

alt2_M_01.jpg

2 people like this

,,,an older achievement of the TUL user,for which the antenna was improved....!!!

35.jpg

WP_000117.jpg

,,,and now let's see how this antenna behaves...

IMAG0591.jpg

,,,for which this antenna was simulated ... !!!!

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

1 person likes this

,,,for which type of antenna I tried an optimization to increase the bandwidth ... ???

screenshot_106.jpg

3 people like this

how many beamwidth degrees for this antenna

Edited by bejonet

Hello Admin , I've been here awhile following closely, i appreciate you more than you know! A true scientist! Thank you. So I wanted the first time I come forth to show you all the things that you helped me create that you don't know exists! They do. I constantly improve so they all need my revised touch so not yet. I want to go the next level and i need some guidance. I want to do a parabolic build with the best damn feed possible. I've seen the power of the parabolic dish just fooling around. I know how to calculate the focal point for a cassagrain centered but i don't know how to place an offset feed...and i haven't found a feed that vibes with me. So im wondering two things if you can point me in the right direction, i have options for the dish. I have an  elliptical shaped dish and a circular. From what I've learned i think center for the circle and offset for the ellipse. I need to know how to calculate for the offset and i'm asking for some secret sauce. What's the best director for these dishes. I like this patch but not if you know of a better :) when does the amount of directors start to reduce Range when used with a parabolic dish. Measurements if you want them!! Thanks teacher you've already gave me access to so much! 

,,,hi buddy...!!!

,,,as far as I understand , you want to use a Cassegrain Offset with this double patch antenna...!!!

,,,something like that ... !!!

post-55-1326132652.jpg

1 person likes this

jomy how these patchs are supported ? or the construction not achieved yet ???

1 person likes this

,,, in the air with dielectric spacer supports in the center of the patch...!!!

1 person likes this

However, this latest optimization has a wider frequency band...

,,, and a better gain in directivity....

231.jpg

3 people like this

On 11/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, Hamza said:

Dimensions please .

7f.jpg

1 person likes this

The site was down for awhile?? I'm glad its back and everything is ok. I can host on my server anytime if you need as failover just let me know!

So to business. This is design i great. But I still don't know the distance from parabola and the offset distance? Still cannot find a formula for offset. Focal point of parabola f = D2 / 16d I know....but offset...how?

1 person likes this

This is hard to understand for me,,,im sorry i blame the eyes and old age. is the bottom strip 92mm end to end? and the angle of cut?? and then the patches,,,,, are they attached to bottom strip? If someone has a few pictures of the bottom angles so i can see how it looks! Thanks if you do!!

screenshot_2339.jpg

10 hours ago, Samsterino2.4 said:

The site was down for awhile?? I'm glad its back and everything is ok. I can host on my server anytime if you need as failover just let me know!

So to business. This is design i great. But I still don't know the distance from parabola and the offset distance? Still cannot find a formula for offset. Focal point of parabola f = D2 / 16d I know....but offset...how?

Offset satellite antenna is a section of a paraboloidal reflector with oval form. The antenna surface is not round anymore, but oval (ellipse) and symmetric. The focal point is not mounted in the middle of the dish, but to the side of the dish (offset). Thus, the advantage of this technology, is that the antenna surface is not being shadowed by the feed anymore (from the satellite's point of view).
Another advantage is the less likelihood that snow will build up on the dish. The offset satellite antenna does not "look" straight up to the satellite as a Prime Focus antenna does, but it's inclined about 25° downward (almost upright position). Nevertheless, an offset dish appears for the satellite to be circular having the horizontal diameter.

focusprimeoffset.jpg

wifi-calculations-for-parabolic-dish-with-offset-feedhorn.jpg

1 person likes this

On 11/19/2020 at 4:16 AM, Samsterino2.4 said:

I want to do a parabolic build with the best damn feed possible.

you might wanna look for BEST EFFICIENCY (low SPILLOVER , perfect ILLUMINATION)

Blockage is important on small front feed dishes (the shade of the feed over the dish)

the gain is of NO IMPORTANCE (on the feed) reflector is CLOSE BY...

The SHAPE of the MAIN LOBE ( only one if possible)

f-D ratio is your KEY NUMBER (0.2 to 0.5)

lower f-D ratio = focus CLOSE to the rim- bigger f_D ratio focus FAR AWAY

from f-D ratio yo'll know WHAT lobe of directivity would give you best ILLUMINATION (efficiency)

THESE are the values for my dish 0.26 f-D ratio (meaning that the feed must provide 180 degrees of lobe at -6db)

feed for 0,25 0.3 f_D ratios

F-d.jpg

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

,,, I think a new post should be opened with this topic (offset dish antenna)...!!!

,,, I will open a new post and you will complete it ,,, the above mentioned will be deleted...!!!

3 people like this

Hi,

Its very tempting proposal. Small antenna but high gain.

Just two remarks...

- Can a build this with N type connector?

- Can i use this antenna as main, not as feeder for parabola?

15 minutes ago, vige3 said:

Hi,

Its very tempting proposal. Small antenna but high gain.

Just two remarks...

- Can a build this with N type connector?

- Can i use this antenna as main, not as feeder for parabola?

,,, yes, you can use the desired connector..!!!

Yes you can...!!!

1 person likes this