Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aurel

BatWing antenna 2.4 ghz

332 posts in this topic

,,,a version of the Batwing antenna proposed by the user 'com666'...

screenshot_2190.jpg

,,,and the alternative proposed by me...

screenshot_2246.jpg

screenshot_2249.jpg

screenshot_2251.jpg

screenshot_2253.jpg

screenshot_2254.jpg

,,,yes, but this solution is not the best...!!!

,,,only this remains the best...!!1

dec.jpg

Batwing 0,9.JPG

1 person likes this

hiii,,,, can i use 2mm thick aluminum sheet as reflector instead of 1.5,,,, as in my area i got only 2 options of either 1mm or 2mm,,,,,,

hii,,,,

can i use copper sheet instead of aluminium, or does the dimensions changes when copper is used???

,,,it doesn't matter the material...but how you weld aluminum...???

14 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,,it doesn't matter the material...but how you weld aluminum...???

Maybe ill solder,,,

doesn't changing the material will change the resistivity and hence , the impedance???

Like Copper is 2x of Aluminium,

Can i use Galvanised Iron Sheet too, which has like 4 to 5 times more resistivity in compared to Aluminium????

,,,it doesn't matter the material...!!!!

1 person likes this

On 6/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, Admin said:

,,,the best Batwing....

Will it work for 5.8 GHz?
thanks

,,,hi buddy...!!

,,, yes it is possible, but it must be recalculated...!!!

,,,but tell me too, how you get these dimensions (framed in red)...???

screenshot_1256.thumb.jpg.2b514eb52591226cedb63ed55ae72446.jpg

22 hours ago, Admin said:

,,,but tell me too, how you get these dimensions (framed in red)...???

Hi,
It should differ its clear, I'll recalculate it. I'm worrying about the gain at 5.8Ghz and maybe someone has a template for simulation?

thanks for the reply

On page 12 you will find a calculated batwing for 5ghz, i give there also the dimensions. It also works good at 5.8ghz

2 people like this

On 21.04.2022 at 6:18 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Update about the 3D Batwing. I had to optimize the reflector also. Now the antenna gives also proper gain in the 5.2 GHz range as in the 2.4 GHz range. Attached the new dimensions and Results. Please keep in mind, this only works when 3d printed. A bare metal antenna will have other dimensions!

Dimensions:

Reveal hidden contents

front.pngside.png

Gain:

Reveal hidden contents

gain over freq.png gain 244.png

SWR + Impedance:

Reveal hidden contents

VSWR.pngImpedance.png

VSWR.png

Dual Band Batwing.stl

The idea of printing an antenna frame out of plastic can be taken to its logical end. She's very flexible! All antennas are very sensitive to size. It is surprising when the authors give sizes with an accuracy of 0.01. This involves tuning with an SWR meter. In life, it can be done with an accuracy of +/- 0.5 mm.
And if you completely fill the space under the antenna patch with plastic?
  The filling can be adjusted, 10-20%, the antenna will be light, but tough. The size will be smaller. The foil is easy to stick on the work surface and cut off the excess. Now the computer is optimizing the batwing from Dr. Pepper.
Directors can be placed upstairs

1 person likes this

Hello!

When using these two antennas, can I implement MIMO mode? What distance should be between antennas?

,,,see that in this topic there is something like that...!!!

screenshot_2758.thumb.jpg.d1b692ed4aac7c695552d872c88439f3.jpg

1 person likes this

On 7.5.2023 at 1:42 PM, Biruza said:

The idea of printing an antenna frame out of plastic can be taken to its logical end. She's very flexible! All antennas are very sensitive to size. It is surprising when the authors give sizes with an accuracy of 0.01. This involves tuning with an SWR meter. In life, it can be done with an accuracy of +/- 0.5 mm.
And if you completely fill the space under the antenna patch with plastic?
  The filling can be adjusted, 10-20%, the antenna will be light, but tough. The size will be smaller. The foil is easy to stick on the work surface and cut off the excess. Now the computer is optimizing the batwing from Dr. Pepper.
Directors can be placed upstairs

I also try to add more Plastic to the antenna for more stability but the performance was worse. There should be only minimal Material in contact to the antenna. I can only imagine a foam material or something similar, perhaps cutting foam and laminating it with copper tape.

Dr. Pepper,maybe you can look over this topic...!!!

1 person likes this

I want to build one antenna for 1800MHz. I will use power tools to cut 0.5mm steel. I have access to 3d printer and a small cnc but not laser cut so I want a simple design to cut all the parts and weld them together.

Is this with the wings reflector the best?

This one with the simple reflector and the m3 screws looks good on 1800 and simple to make.

Also this with the bucket reflector looks good and not so difficult to build. Should I build the bucket with the exact dimensions or it doesn’t matter?

Which one would you suggest? I cannot open cst files. Can you share dxf for the 3 antennas above?

Edited by jonirak

Thank. I think they are different from the ones I mentioned but I might try them.

The other ones I asked have dimensions so I could redesign them and build one of them.

,,,r=8mm,you want round batwing for the frequency of 1800 MHz...??

screenshot_357.png

anigif.gif

Which do you think is the best for 1800MHz? I'm not expert but I asked for that because I saw a low VSWR on 1800.

Rond Batwing

I think these sizes are the most suitable...!!!

screenshot_369.png

screenshot_371.png

1 person likes this