Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aurel

Quazi-BowTie Antenna

36 posts in this topic

Well, this antenna works for sure, but needs little tuning by shortening the directors. I connected 50cm of ALSR-195 cable directly to feed points through hole in reflector. Results from calibrated NanoVNA-F v2 (I noticed that when the antenna is horizontal to the ground its gain increases above 30 dB):

BowTie v3.png

2 people like this

On 05.01.2022 at 4:32 PM, RomanWorkshop said:

Last version of my wifi bowtie antenna. Again, I increased the dimensions of the reflector to 200x260mm. This improved the parameters of the simulated antenna, presented in the images below. The prototype of this design is almost ready, I'm just waiting for a cable and connectors from China. Prepare for a big test with my wifi adapter and also I will measure the real parameters with NanoVNA-F v2. I hope this antenna will work ;)               

Good job!

If you are modeling an antenna for a narrow frequency range, it is not entirely correct to specify a wide range for the calculation. +/- 100 MHz from the borders is enough. This increases the accuracy of the calculation.

polosa.jpg

As Сlanon said earlier, the antenna is symmetrical and requires a balun (matching - balancing device) to be connected with a coaxial cable. If you simply connect the cable to the points of the discrete port, most likely the calculations and measurements will not match. This is due to the fact that the conductor in the discrete port has a zero diameter, and the real central conductor of the cable by 15 mm will introduce a large inductance, which was not included in the calculation. In simulations, it is best to completely draw the power node to avoid large discrepancies between measurements and simulations. The dielectric constant of wood is approximately equal to 2...3. it is also not included in the model. I think all this will affect the result.

results in FD differ by 100MHz...

polosaFD.jpg

In fact, this antenna perfectly covers the entire 1700-2700 range with a gain from 12.5 to 15.5. Dimensions should not exceed 250x150mm. If you display the SWR and gain graph, you will understand what I am talking about.

Edited by Harry36
2 people like this

18 hours ago, Harry36 said:

In fact, this antenna perfectly covers the entire 1700-2700 range with a gain from 12.5 to 15.5. Dimensions should not exceed 250x150mm. If you display the SWR and gain graph, you will understand what I am talking about.

300 Ohm

200Ohm.jpg

bt1727.cst

Edited by Harry36
1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Harry36 said:

ALWAYS FD solver shows a SHIFT in RESONANCE center and POORER S11...(but it is RECOMMENDED for WIRES)

1 hour ago, clanon said:

ALWAYS FD solver shows a SHIFT in RESONANCE center and POORER S11...(but it is RECOMMENDED for WIRES)

solver.jpg

1 person likes this

INTEGRAL is FAST , BUT you have to check accuracy

tHE ONLY ONE THAT WORKED ON 1,26 MTS DISH

Captura.JPG

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Suskun said:

Reflektör bağlantısı nasıl olacak resim var mı

Speak in English...!!!

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

İngilizce konuş...!!!

How will the reflector connection be? is there a picture? how to connect coaxial cable

Edited by Suskun

,,, the vibrators are placed on an insulating plate or insulating tube PVC spaced from the reflector ... there are many solutions ... !!!

525x525px-LL-eee0123a_vbattach110541.jpeg

The 50 Ohm impedance coaxial cable connects directly to the feed points.