Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Biquad Antenna

246 posts in this topic

I dont know what kind of biquad is this ,,but  biquad ia biquad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2020 at 7:38 PM, Admin said:

Something like that....

7.jpg

The velocity facter is introduced in kamda/4 ????;;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Admin said:

...it must to be..!!!

Jomy in m willing to assemble 2  double biquad. Can you give me the distance between it and  the length of  cable attaattachment?

On 12/03/2020 at 7:38 PM, Admin said:

Something like that....

7.jpg

The velocity facter is introduced in kamda/4 ????;;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1)  l=k*lambda/4   k=(depending on the insulating material)...velocity factor

2)   the distance between 2xdouble biquad=(0,62,,,0,72)*lambda

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I found interesting article how to increase gain of biquad (double biquad) antenna by adding a director (second biquad in front of first). Article about that method by Dragoslav Dobricic (YU1AW): Link. According to a user of one of the Polish forums, a double biquad antenna with added director may have a gain of about 16dB (Link). Can you check this informations in simulation? Thanks.

 

2.jpg

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erwin,this antenna is not as they say, look...

441.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jomy. I would like to get the simulation of this biquad for 2.4 

received_233891564824914.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13dbi 

HERE:https://martybugs.net/wireless/biquad/double.cgi (one of those and a HALF ,1.5 dBi more = 14.5dbi)

Edited by clanon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2017 at 2:39 PM, Admin said:

Only under that form I have now found

 

pcb simple biquad.cst

 

75.jpg

Sorry master, if this antenna is made with a thin sheet of aluminum, will it have the same gain or will it get worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

,,, maybe yes, but you need other distances between the biquad antenna..!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Admin said:

,,, maybe yes, but you need other distances between the biquad antenna..!!!

How to determine the distance between the biquad antenna and the aluminum sheet? Or maybe you can help master?

5 hours ago, Admin said:

,,, maybe yes, but you need other distances between the biquad antenna..!!!

On 5/28/2017 at 2:39 PM, Admin said:

Only under that form I have now found

 

pcb simple biquad.cst

 

75.jpg

Sorry master, if this antenna is made with a thin sheet of aluminum, will it have the same gain or will it get worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Antonius said:

Sorry master, if this antenna is made with a thin sheet of aluminum, will it have the same gain or will it get worse?

More efficient (NO DIELECTRIC) , a little more gain , imho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1mm aluminum

size should be increased X,Y by 10% (1.1)

Dielectric used must be known (Boom and spacers)

impedance close to 50 from 2 to 2.5 ghz

Vswr should be adjusted (exact materials needed and Bandwidth)

"More efficient (NO DIELECTRIC) , a little more gain"

Captura.JPG

Edited by clanon
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, clanon said:

1mm aluminum

size should be increased X,Y by 10% (1.1)

Dielectric used must be known (Boom and spacers)

impedance close to 50 from 2 to 2.5 ghz

Vswr should be adjusted (exact materials needed and Bandwidth)

"More efficient (NO DIELECTRIC) , a little more gain"

Captura.JPG

This is a slot-loop antenna. it is not necessary to execute the slowing-down structure on such elements. can be done with wire elements.

 

cwsla1.jpg

cwsla.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 to 15 dbi and a nice 50 ohms curve in the whole bandwidth...

show more details on the INFINITE like shape...

so it behaves  like 3 half waves SLOTS...?

(wideband)

What happens if that shape is multiplied into a flat BOX...?

(4 , 6 , 8 of those)

 

Edited by clanon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, clanon said:

12 to 15 dbi and a nice 50 ohms curve in the whole bandwidth...

show more details on the INFINITE like shape...

so it behaves  like 3 half waves SLOTS...?

(wideband)

What happens if that shape is multiplied into a flat BOX...?

(4 , 6 , 8 of those)

 

Big sizes... 15 dbi ~ 200*200*200 mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now