Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Simulation of antenna in CST Microwave

157 posts in this topic
On 2/21/2021 at 1:27 PM, erossutrisno said:

What changes should I make to the antenna? (mechanically) when my simulation results are slightly higher off from the center of frequency. thanks.

antenna should have X , Y size incremented (width and length) Frecuency of results divide by Wanted frecuency...that ratio is Increment of x y size

,,,how to put a dimension on the drawing...

dim.png

Hi everybody! How to get a picture of the field distribution depending on time or phase? Please respond with screenshots with steps. Thank you in advance.

phase_gif.gif

I hope it is understood...!!!

37.png

38.png

39.png

2 people like this

and also when you create the template  it would calculate for every antenna

Captura.JPG

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

Hello friends! Thanks a lot for the previous answers. As I learn the CST program and start modeling circular / eleptically polarized antennas, I have a few more questions for you:

1. I was intuitively able to display the graphs of the left and right polarization components to estimate the eleptics / circle of polarization. I may have been wrong, correct me if I am wrong.

mon1.pngmon2.pngmon3.pngmon4.pngmon5.pngmon6.pngmon7.pngmon8.png

mon9.png

2. The HFSS software package can display graphs in X and Y planes. Is there such a possibility in our wonderful program?

photo.jpg

3. if not difficult, show in the screenshots, please.

4. To estimate the isolation between ports in a two-port CPW antenna, it is necessary to estimate, in addition to the parameters S 12 (21), estimates of cross-polarization and co-polarization are likely to be required. Unfortunately, I also haven't found where it can be appreciated.

4. What other parameters need to be controlled when designing circular polarized antennas? Thanks in advance for the detailed answers!

1 person likes this

,,,, it is observed that in the HFSS Software , Phi=0deg ; Theta=0deg...!!!

What's the difference between directivity (any polarization) and circular...?

MEMO are you still trying with the 3 layer PCB...?

42 minutes ago, clanon said:

NEMO i mean

As I understood from dim people, any antenna contains parasitic polarizations. If we are developing RHCP, then we need to get rid of LHCP, if the difference in the LHCP drop (as a parasitic component) differs from RHCP by 10 or more dB, then the antenna has a polarization very close to circular, if about 5-6, then it is close to eleptical , if the values differ by very small values, it is almost linear. I understand from the explanations. For MIMO with circular polarization, this is very important, I think, as well as the parameters of co-polarization and cross-polarization isolation. 2. Antenna slot is a game. This is a different design. Later I will publish the results on Lan and on this forum. The antenna is assembled and tuned.

1 person likes this

,,, what does NEMO mean ... ??

,,,maybe MiMo(Multiple Input Multiple Output - multiple wireless connections technology)....!!!

4 hours ago, Harry36 said:

As I understood from dim people, any antenna contains parasitic polarizations. If we are developing RHCP, then we need to get rid of LHCP, if the difference in the LHCP drop (as a parasitic component) differs from RHCP by 10 or more dB, then the antenna has a polarization very close to circular, if about 5-6, then it is close to eleptical , if the values differ by very small values, it is almost linear. I understand from the explanations. For MIMO with circular polarization, this is very important, I think, as well as the parameters of co-polarization and cross-polarization isolation. 2. Antenna slot is a game. This is a different design. Later I will publish the results on Lan and on this forum. The antenna is assembled and tuned.

GOOD INFO...i read somewhere that elliptical was very good for tree penetration...(most of the time two dipoles angled and 90 degrees delay)

Setting the boundaries of the output on the charts.

vswr.png

2 people like this

On 12.01.2022 at 15:36, Harry36 said:

Установка границ вывода на диаграммах.

vswr.png

For the manufacture of this antenna, dimensions are needed

If your model is symmetric, you may define this symmetry planes here.

For particle tracking calculations the symmetry option can only be applied if no space charge and particle current is monitored. Therefore symmetry conditions cannot be applied for gun-iteration calculations.

Important:
It is necessary to create the entire structure first.

Every symmetry plane you find reduces the calculation time by a factor of 2, so it is always recommended to specify symmetries, if any exist. The type of the symmetry can be either electric or magnetic.

f you specify a symmetry plane, the calculation domain is cut in half. The picture on the right shows a calculation domain symmetric to the YZ plane. The symmetry type is electric.

The calculation domain is cut in half twice more if a symmetry type for the XZ and XY can be found.

EM-3m5xctqbhko.jpg

screenshot_1382.jpg

screenshot_1383.jpg

1 person likes this