Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Helix Antenna

59 posts in this topic

Which is better, this spiral antenna for the DJI/Mavic or the butwing antenna? After considering the answer to this question, I came to a simple conclusion: the energy of the wave in space is proportional to the volume, so the volume of the antenna matters. The wave is moving, so the cross section of the antenna also matters.
It's like a butterfly net - either a large ring (antenna patch, biquadrate, butwing) or the length of the net (wave channel, yagi ..).
maximum result in combination. the helical antenna is a hybrid that also polarizes. For drones, this is superfluous, so it’s probably better to put a batwing on the remote control. There is a two band batwing from Dr Pepper here on the site.

1 person likes this

I'm learning cst studio, thanks for the example.
The antennas in the drone are linearly polarized, I will lose 3 dB when circular on the controller. It will be interesting to compare with a batwing antenna, where there are no such losses.

I think this spiral is more interesting for dual band helix...!!!

screenshot_193.png

,,,constructive details...

screenshot_210.png

1 person likes this

On 3/31/2023 at 5:58 PM, Admin said:

,,,try this....

screenshot_178.png

Mavic.cst

Why was a loft used to create a spiral? There are too many cells, 15 million mesh my computer can't digest. It's easier to use "wire from a curve". For a mathematical model, this is no difference. And yet, you can enter a step parameter into the analytical curve. To optimize the working band. For a cylinder about 6 mm, for a hemisphere about 5. These figures are obtained from the scaling of photographs.

Analytical1
X(t)=r*sin(2*pi*t)
Y(t)=r*cos(2*pi*t)
Z(t)=s1*t    t from 0 to 3

Analytical2
X(t)=r*sin(2*pi*t)*cos((t)*pi/6)
Y(t)=r*cos(2*pi*t)*cos((t)*pi/6)
Z(t)=s2*t+s1*3     t from 0 to 3

On sale there is a silver-plated wire for "Wire for Jewelry Making", quite hard. You only need to print the spiral holder.

A flat spiral is pretty damn good, but how do you make it accurate enough?

Not immediately figured out how to edit.

Edited by Biruza

On 10/4/2016 at 2:30 PM, Admin said:

A method to improve the gain of axial-mode helical antenna is proposed.

This method involves a parasitical circular metal disk,which is installed on the front of general axial-mode helical antenna and is apart from the helical line. A circular current whose phase lags behind that of helical line current appears,which brings a more concentrated radiation field. Consequently,the antenna gain is improved, Based on the simulation results,an antenna array model fed independently is proposed.This model gives an excellent explanation of the radiation characteristic of helical antenna, Both the simulation and experiment results show that for obtaining the same gain,the antenna length in this new method is only 71% of that in traditional helical antenna.The reduction of antenna length favors the miniaturisation of antenna.

In addition, this method has a little effect on the bandwidth of antenna, so it can be widely used in the design of helical antenna element and array.

96.jpg

Dear Admin I would like to try this design for 2.4 ghz , how better to connect 4 antennas to one receiver? 

,,, it would be simpler that way(helix+patches)....

screenshot_464.png

screenshot_466.png

1 person likes this