Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Helix Antenna

59 posts in this topic

,,,okay,about pitch angle...classical=12,5-14,5degree,minimum=4-7degree,but I think it's best=17,7degree

,,,do you want something like that...???

Mavic Air Long Range Antenna Helical

3 cylindrical spirals and 3 hemispherical spirals ...? /

63.jpg

In reality, before doing that, I would like to know if this antenna has a 3dB HPBW around 100° or maybe something wider beamwidth than a traditional helix...

hi admin. is it possible to simulate in 4nec2 a 2.45ghz helix antenna inscribed on a pvc rain pipe? .. I read that I should use the frequency of 3620mhz, but also the relationship between turns is not altered? How do I adapt the impedance? Thanks a lot!!

On 04.10.2016 at 2:30 PM, Admin said:

82.jpg

An interesting design, but the question is how to connect them correctly? and is it possible to somehow connect "mimo"

1 person likes this

,,, this variant is also possible....

D6DwrlVV4AAa4YY.jpg

,,, but this idea (helix + parasitic patch directors), has no advantage...

screenshot_2697.jpg

2 people like this

I am currently developing an hardware based on TD1205.
Is it possible to have more information on the design of the RF antenna deployed on the TD1205? What is the material used? The antenna impedance?

I am considering twisting it, would it be possible?

Could you provide on-demand design for this antenna?

Best,

JG

TD1205 it"s a high-end module for a faster and easier geolocation,but for what frequency ... ???

td1205-smash.jpg

Hi!

I have multiple questions

1. What material must the back metal ground and the loaded metal disk be? Could I use a material such as Copper?

2. What material must the helical line radiator be made of?

3. How must the coaxial supply line be connected to the helical line?

4. In between my helical radiator, could I include any insulator such as a plastic 3d print or does the region in between the line radiator have to be made from another material?

I have only one question,,, for which frequency ... ??

For 2.4ghz

Sorry, I have a couple more questions now. I have copper sheet only, so would that work as the ground plane and metal disk above the helix. Also does the gauge of the wire matter for performance?

I think the best is the galvanized sheet ... !!!

1 person likes this

Wait but why would that be the case? A ground plane is an electrically conductive surface, so isn’t copper one of the most conductive materials?

You not only have to consider conductivity also price, stability and weather resistivity. For performance copper or even silver would be the best for all parts of the antenna, for price and mechanical stability zinc coated steel would be the best. This should also withstand weather for a relative long period. Would be interesting to cover the steel sheets with copper in a galvanic process.

Aluminium can also be used but is hard to solder on.

"Lunokhod-3 "(original, flight copy)

img_7631.jpg

,,, the antenna (helix + patch), with all its long length, does not show a very high gain in directivity...

screenshot_1728.jpg

2 people like this

On 26/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, Admin said:

I saw a model for the 2.4 GHz  helical Wi-Fi antenna contains 12  turns  and with a copper foil
  matching transformer  can I use  the same measurements of the antenna with 4 turns and an aluminum matching transformer

I'm trying to make an analysis of a spiral antenna for drones. There is data diameter 47 mm, pitch 5 mm reflector diameter 55 mm. Matching elements are not visible. They need to be invented. Three turns on the cylinder plus three turns on the sphere.
How to draw it in cst studio. In "Curves" select "Analytic Curve".
The first part - three turns on the cylinder: 

x=23*sin(2*pi*t)

y=23*cos(2*pi*t)

z=5*t

t from 0 to 3
The second part is three turns around the sphere:

x=23*sin(2*pi*t)*cos((t-3)*pi/6)

y=23*cos(2*pi*t)*cos((t-3)*pi/6)

z=5*t

t from 3 to 6

Let's convert the curve to a wire.

What are some ideas for reconciliation?

helix-helix.bmp

1 person likes this

You tried to make such an antenna...????

Mavic Air Long Range Antenna Helical

3 cylindrical spirals and 3 hemispherical spirals ...? /

screenshot_120.png

,,,the power supply of the helix antenna is not in the center, it is on the perimeter of the helix>>>

,,,something like that...!!!

screenshot_125.png

,,, these would be the results of your antenna simulation...

screenshot_126.png

In your example, the match is good, but the gain clearly does not correspond to 16 dBi and the 2.4 GHz band does not work properly.

The shape of the antenna from your example is different. I compared the available projections of the spirals from DJI from photos and videos, these are really 3 + 3 turns, diameter 47 mm, pitch 6 mm.
It is easy to reproduce,  just thread the wire through the printed frame. But how to connect?

In the Antenna Magus program, there is a variant of the hemispherical antenna array. But there is no cylindrical part. And there is no dual frequency band. Power is supplied exactly near the center. For antennas for DJI drones, the output is approximately in the middle between the edge and the center. What can be inside there?

2_by_2_Hemispherical helical array.cst