Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admin

Konus Wi-Fi antenna

Wi-Fi antenna "Konus" with gain up to 17 dBi (maximum 16.8 dBi). The antenna is made of composite materials, the output is an F-connector (if you wish, you can install two connectors-free of charge).All four types of SMA connectors can be installed (SMA-male, RP-SMA-male, SMA-Female, and RP-SMA-Female).Wi-Fi antennas are usually used to receive or transmit signals from home routers or from free Wi-Fi access points of operators installed in localities. To receive a signal, you can use both a Wi-Fi adapter and almost any Wi-Fi router configured in repeater mode. The router is even more convenient, you can immediately receive and distribute a Wi-Fi signal.

3.png

4.jpg

5.png

Material Dielectric Constant - Polypropylene -2,1,,,,,2,4

dielectric constant.jpg

Cool idea, this should it make possible to simply 3d print the disks and to cover them with metal tape. When the metal is on both sides then the plastic material it should not produce to many issues because the whole assembly will act like a capacitor with low resistance at 2.4 ghz. But here is even a connection with the center rod so with a new calculation the antenna should perform nearly like a 100% metal one (without looking through the videos to find out if there is a big difference :-). 

1 person likes this

I tried to model the antenna in cst but the design seems not to be right. Can also be that i make a mistake in the design, its a long time since i used the software before. Therefore the parameters are also a bit screwed up. But if you want to look into the design i add the cst file for playing around. When this works it will be very easy to produce such an antenna via 3D printing or with a cheap laser. It is possible to first cut polymer disks and then cover them with conductive tape or simply cut double sided metal covered polymeric material with a cheap laser.

konus.jpg

Konus-test.cst

1 person likes this

I think i have some error with the port, i removed the sma connector and used a discrete port and now the results are much better. I will optimize a litte and look what is possible

1 person likes this

I tried Admins cst file and with this i was able to optimize the structure a little bit. Why my design not works i don't know. I will try to recreate it and find the error. Attached is what i was able to archive with the "konus" antenna, yet the konus is still missing but i will try to add it to raise the gain a little. So it should be possible to make a good antanna even when you only have metal covered plastic disks.

Konus 24-25.jpg

Edited by Dr. Pepper
1 person likes this

The solution i found with the added konus elements. It works but i couldn't find the claimed 17dbi. At least 15dbi and a good swr of 1.2 is possible.

Konus new.jpg

3 hours ago, Admin said:

screenshot_52.png

I i didn't see your post, i simply copy translated a director and then scaled it to the right dimension. I messed up the material and color so i changed it afterwards. 

I started with the reflector back metal, the insulator and then the second metal and then simply copied it over and over again and resized it 

Edited by Dr. Pepper