Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RomanWorkshop

TV DVB-T antenna 470-670 MHz

I want to build TV DVB-T antenna for 470-670 MHz band, so firstly I was think about double biquad because I have one biquad and it works. Signal strength is 100% at 14 km distance from 50 kW transmitter, but sometimes it drops and the picture is choppy. I simulated a dual biquad, but the results do not encourage to build this antenna. Specially I mean VSWR and real impedance, which are quite high and depend heavily on frequency. So I'm look only at gain reported by farfield monitors. Is this a good approach to simulating such antennas in CST Studio? Will my design TV-dbq.cst (I have only 275x685 mm reflector) work good as TV DVB-T receiving antenna in 470-670 MHz band?

On 08.01.2022 at 7:59 PM, RomanWorkshop said:

Will my design TV-dbq.cst (I have only 275x685 mm reflector) work good as TV DVB-T receiving antenna in 470-670 MHz band?

http://patlah.ru/etm/etm-10/tv-anten/tv anteni/a-koefficient/a-koefficient.htm

Try this option. Gain 13+ dBi.

Frame side = 0.375L

Antenna made of an aluminum strip 15x2 mm and a mesh with a diameter of 2 mm with a cell of 50x50 mm.

Balun stands made of 0.5 mm zinc coated steel.

new.png

dBqDVB_v1,0.cst

2 people like this

,,, but variant 3 does not work .. ???

a-koef-1.jpg

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,, but variant 3 does not work .. ???

Narrower range, more gain.

There is a curve in the project.

You can change the coordinates with the variables w, w1, w2, l1 ... l4. You can get any shape of the antenna web consisting of straight segments

In Fig. 3, all sides are equal to L / 2 triangle too

On 10.01.2022 at 3:46 PM, Harry36 said:

Narrower range, more gain.

There is a curve in the project.

You can change the coordinates with the variables w, w1, w2, l1 ... l4. You can get any shape of the antenna web consisting of straight segments

In Fig. 3, all sides are equal to L / 2 triangle too

dBqDVB_v3.0.cst

n3.jpg

1 person likes this

Harry36, can you make this antenna for my 690-770MHz band? And lay out the dimensions on the LIRA, especially on the matching device.