Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rob

yagi 2.4Ghz yagi

239 posts in this topic
45 minutes ago, aurel said:

Thank you jomy on simulation

45 minutes ago, aurel said:

forget about simulation ,every simulation show optimal or ideal values and don't represent real things.

*facepalm*

Some antenna design experts and the spectrum analyzer will not agree with you. There is nothing more to discuss here.

1 person likes this

Top 3 Best WiFi Signal Strength Meter Apps

1) NetSpot — both a WiFi signal strength visualizer and a WiFi discovery and analysis tool.

2) WiFi Analyzer — WiFi signal strength meter app for computers running the Windows operating system.

3) Wireshark — is the polar opposite of WiFi Analyzer.

"""" the situation in which the reflector, the vibrator and the first director are isolated....

screenshot_1219.jpg

screenshot_1220.jpg

""" as you can see, there is no great difference...!!!!

The only difference between the presented antennas, is the provision of electrostatic discharge in the case of atmospheric lightning for the antennas without isolating spacers.

In my opinion, isolation process is about the real case and the antenna theory or scientific side of it. And that program you use may don't include that but gives a dBi value according to your design but not examine your logic or logical errors..

I'm a civil engineer and we have this kind of programs, you must know the theoric correct info and only design and its effects on Computer aided programs...

But of course, I don't know the program and this is just a reasoning...

I must repeat my question :

Do you have on your wifi card any program which show you signal strength?

So it is very simple to test..in which case is better or larger signal ,with isolation from metal rod or without isolation.

I can bet without  that better reception is with isolation between active plate and metal rod.

please let me know do you can do that test! 

Conveniently, the dipole parasitic elements have a node (point of zero RF voltage) at their centre, so they can be attached to a conductive metal support at that point without need of insulation, without disturbing their electrical operation

The driven element is fed at centre so its two halves must be insulated where the boom supports them.

The driven element is fed at centre so its two halves must be insulated where the boom supports them.

Exactly....and i don't what is mumbo.jumbo simulation talks means

1 person likes this

"Exactly....and i don't what is mumbo.jumbo simulation talks means"  ....aurel,what do you mean...???

View Signal Strength Percentage of Wireless Network Connections in Command Prompt

1 Open a command prompt.

2 Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

<<netsh wlan show interfaces>>

3 You will now see the Signal strength percentage of your wireless network connections.

The higher the percentage, the stronger the signal strength.

1 person likes this

On 2018-04-12 at 9:23 PM, Admin said:

Hello difference between reflectors. In drawings its corner ar 15mm. In video it straight disc. I done couple of this style antennas. But reflector without corner 15mm. If change difference?  And want make yagi antenna it better than this blaster? (Actual question - range)

,,, of course it has importance, the lack of border, it alters the gain, the impedance as well as the front-back ratio of the antenna...!!!

screenshot_1307.jpg

screenshot_1309.jpg

Ok i we seen this style antenna on sattelite dish. Can Admin make a projection with dish? Before i started to create

,,,for 2100MHz...

DishNTVplus_01.jpg

,,,this it"s the antenna...

317.jpg

,,,,IMPORTANT...!!! 

,,,at this antenna the power pin of the vibrator has a diameter of 1.737mm and must be made practical...!!!!

318.jpg

", okay, but I do not understand what you mean with this YouTube ... ???

Do you think this option is better with dish? How much approx km it can catch signal??

Also want to try "Blaster" with 20 pcs of discs, seperated 22mm. (Tryed standard with 7 pcs as you show) how about signal range , quality? Difference?

Also what modem is better to use to cach internet? Im using cheap chinnese usb adapter (same body different chipset) one ralink other realtek, realtek is much better with chip mt 7601 but maybye in your options is some better modems? Also need to spread internet if it possible to the summerhouse.. 20 , 30 meters.. will add modem photo.

In my option i putting modem straight to pc of course i can spread with wifi hotspot but pc needs to be always on. Maybye can connect straight to router or something what spreads..

24369133-1782360337.jpg

What is the working frequency of the base station (BS) that you want to work ... ???

Wi-Fi-antenna-27.jpg

It simple modem in nearest home approx 1 km apart modem supports 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. But my device only 2.4 ghz. Today i made antenna with 20 discs. 17 x 4cm (between discs 22mm) then 5cm (between discs 12mm) then 68mm (between discs 9mm) and final 9cm (7mm) but with corner about 5 mm looking forward. Maybye do corner to back? Or do straight last disc? Can do projection to see difference with 7 and 20 discs?

20200415_192233.jpg

20200415_192227.jpg

20200415_192222.jpg

1 person likes this

For more clarifications see this....

1 person likes this

Today will do with little dish (40cm) can you do measurements to will be 2.4 ghz?

DishNTVplus_01.jpg.86e6b7105d5bda48197b6e434ed23cc5.jpg

1 person likes this

Mine it"s 60cm offset outdoor satellite dish TV  and with your dish the gain in the directivity would be smaller(16-18dBi)

On 4/12/2018 at 1:49 AM, Admin said:

Okay, that's better...

57.thumb.jpg.70c1293f415dcbd3b83cc33a828c7a02.jpg

garbeala_01.jpg.2b64fc9c1b9b20b596e6683d402ff8ef.jpg

"you do not watch all the forum...!!

Hello we are using this antenna for our project. Can you please explain all the dimensions and on what basis did you take them??  Also can you explain why is it a Yagi uda antenna? 

Edited by Sdk69