Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rob

yagi 2.4Ghz yagi

239 posts in this topic

,,, a new version of the patch-yagi antenna...

91.jpg

93.jpg

2 people like this

,,,a good solution by choosing a bowl as a reflector...

4.jpg

41.jpg

,,,okay,this is my draft,,,!!!

89.JPG

5 people like this

I started to build one of that kind antennae and I was worried about tunning. I mean as you may see in my photos I was unsure about the distance between elements because of the thickness. I know they are so thick, but I am newbie. Any pieces of advices will be welcome to me!

20190620_155417.jpg

20190620_155430.jpg

thickness of material > 2 mm ...why ??

should be 0.5-1mm

1 person likes this

Jomy 

I am confused with all that different sizes of patch and first director

which one give best gain ?

This difference, increases the bandwidth and increases the distance between directors can increase the gain of the antenna.

I mean size or diameter of patch and disector.

first is  68 then i see 62 mm which one is proper?

that is why i asking

2 hours ago, Admin said:

This difference, increases the bandwidth and increases the distance between directors can increase the gain of the antenna.

which one increases the bandwidth? vibrator?

,,,the distance between the vibrator and the first director(0,073*lambda ) as well as their different size...!!!

the farthest distance between vibrator and first director I've seen is 9-10mm..  

i see this on a given site link by you 

there is a patch even 60,5mm and  first director 58 mm instead 54 mm

Hello,

I'm planning to build an  antenna of this type.

I have questions:

1) Is it possible to use aluminum sheet for the construction without changing the dimensions?

2) Is it possible to increase antenna gain by adding one or more directors ?  If yes, so what size and spacing ?

Thank you.

1) yes,,, but the vibrator must to be weldable,..!!!

2) yes,,,, watch this forum carefully..!!!

hello admin, we built one of these short version antennas by following instructions properly of Russian guy Kreosan channel on YouTube but we couldn't increase wifi signal strength, even worse, when we plug our antenna into one entrance of our adapter (Tp-link and have 2 rp-sma antennas normally) and the other 5dbi tp-link antenna remains on adapter.

Also we tried by only attaching Russian antenna on adapter (other entrance is empty) but couldn't gain anything with respect to original antennas of Tp-link. Original antennas were obtaining more signal at same place and angle. 

We also tried many positions and angles but again it sometimes increased but not steady or high mbps as much as original antennas.

I'm putting its photos, consider that we removed its sma connection for now, I'm mean there is no technical deficiency but it doesn't work as I said.

What are your advices, please?

20200305_214405.jpg

Edited by mfa56
photo uploading

,,,hi buddy...!!!

,,, your construction does not work because the adaptation between the coaxial cable and the antenna is not correct...!!!!

Untitled1.jpg

1 person likes this

Very very thanks,

Also we used a 8mm threaded rod instead of 4mm as shown on your design figure, does it change the dbi or result very much?

And distance between small round plates too are not same as figure bcs of rod length, we couldnt calculate it properly and cut it a bit short - 15cm -. Does it affect too much, if so we will make whole structure again..

Thanks again.

,,, this is a simulation with 8mm rod....

193.jpg

The constructive dimensions...

192.jpg

"""" but the best solution for this type of antenna is to increase the distance between directors....

194.jpg

2 people like this

You're a real hero bro, thanks,

Then, is it good to make distances b/w smallest directors as shown below figure?

Also we have only 0.3mm copper plate to make directors, does it differ much not being of thicknesses as shown in figure?

Also for example, are 9mm and 7mm distances between biggest directors very important or critical?

I know your design was probably made aimed to give the best wrt other designs but I want to know too importances of those distances written on projects bcs I'm a newbie want to learn the logic behind antennas and signals.

Thanks lot bro!

20200306_222508.jpg

1 person likes this

,,, yes, you can use the thickness of 0.3mm...!!!

,,,yes,9mm and 7mm distances between biggest directors very important and critical...!!!

,,, the distances between the antenna elements:7mm,9mm,41mm,36mm,36mm,36mm(these measures do not include the thickness of the material).....!!!!

1 person likes this

As a variant-shaped core of the copper wire insert in an aluminum plate. And to them already to solder.

1) drilling + braking on both sides

19043358.jpg

2) riveting

19043366.jpg

3) grinding+drilling

19043375.jpg

,,,and an antenna built from jar caps...

03.jpg

1 person likes this

Well,

However some Youtube videos say we must isolate the reflector, 90mm plate, (also some says we must isolate driven element, 68mm plate) from the boom or this antenna doesn't give enough gain or cannot be a real antenna or even can cause damage the ethernet card etc.

Is there any isolation process on this antennas?

However my antenna didn't work, even did everything as you said and draw but didn't work unfortunately. I'm using two original antennas of adapter again..

Thanks.

Anyway, please, post a picture with your antenna adapter to the coaxial cable...!!!!