Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rob

yagi 2.4Ghz yagi

239 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Khubaib said:

5. Is there any way to identify transmission tower location? I have so many towers on my sight but not sure which one to point my Yagi antenna at? It will be great help if you could share transmission tower tracking app.

tower mapper by PROVIDER

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Khubaib said:

1. Can this Yagi Antenna transmist and receive signal at the same time. 

2. What is inside white cone and what does that do as attached.

1.ALL antennas show reciprocity TX and RX are the SAME....BUT if you have little power high VSWR and LOTS of PLASTIC you'll lose energy (efficiency) speed would suffer...(Having the antenna pointed at the RIGHT direction and ANGLE)

2 .that looks like PVC cover , it's good for water insulation but it CHANGES ALL calculations from FREE SPACE

1 hour ago, clanon said:

1.ALL antennas show reciprocity TX and RX are the SAME....BUT if you have little power high VSWR and LOTS of PLASTIC you'll lose energy (efficiency) speed would suffer...(Having the antenna pointed at the RIGHT direction and ANGLE)

2 .that looks like PVC cover , it's good for water insulation but it CHANGES ALL calculations from FREE SPACE

Thanks for the response, it does help. I am facing an issue. I get good speed when my router attached to Yagi antenna. but it stays connected for 20 to 25 mins and all signals loss. and nothing works unless i reset my router any thought on this?

VSWR on antenna MISSMATCH (it could be overheating)

if the firmware allows it you'll see it as signals coming and going away...high strength and then 0...

Edited by clanon

3 hours ago, Khubaib said:

Thanks for the response, it does help. I am facing an issue. I get good speed when my router attached to Yagi antenna. but it stays connected for 20 to 25 mins and all signals loss. and nothing works unless i reset my router any thought on this?

what version is it ? the modem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=gWqWh86B200

My rendition...
I accidentally cut disks from the wonky plans on page 1, but later found the improved design and was able to salvage the build in the following manner:

Double clad 1.6mm FR4 backplane, with 0.4mm double clad FR4 flange, interior D90 x H15mm
Disks cut from 1mm AL sheet. I have a lathe so all diameter are .03mm accurate.  Built disk sizes are 65, 52, 39, 37, 37, 37mm. The improved design calls for 68, 54, 38, 37, 37, 37mm.
I found 10-32 (sae) rod and nuts in the shop, and that woks out to ~4.7mm rod.
Cut down an M3 brass standoff with a small saw, used a screw to hold it at the correct height when soldering to the SMA feed.
Used copper washers on the radiator layer to get 5.75 mm spacing. The rest of the disk heights were set by nuts (T3.2mm) on both sides.

How bad did I mess up the gain by using the wrong sized disks? I built a double bi-quad that performs significantly better than this yagi.

Is it worth re-cutting the radiator and first 2 disks?

BTW, Admin, thanks for all you do on this site.

signal-2021-02-20-104703.jpeg

signal-2021-02-19-162311_002.jpeg

signal-2021-02-19-162311_003.jpeg

MyBuild.jpg

1 person likes this

,,,, beehphy, your adaptation to the SMA port is not correct, you must use material that can be welded (tinned) as a vibrator...!!!

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, beehphy said:

double bi-quad

could be close to 15dbi if built right...

11 hours ago, Admin said:

,,,, beehphy, your adaptation to the SMA port is not correct, you must use material that can be welded (tinned) as a vibrator...!!!

@Admin: Would single sided copper FR4 function here? or do I need to purchase a ~1mm sheet of brass?
How much effect will the fiberglass have (I assume it acts as a lens) and should any dimensions change?
Should the FR4 be between the radiator and cup or should it be facing out?

@clanon: I may have misspoken on the type I built, maybe double bowtie?
After writing, I looked back and noticed that, the maximum for the disk yagi should be 11.5dbi, where the bowtie claimed 13.5dbi. So yes, it should out perform the yagi.

I found plans for a single bowtie and just doubled it. I think the original design called for 48.3 x 37.8mm diamonds and a 15.3mm spacing from the reflector. I provided measurements of the thing as built.

DoubleBowtieDimentions.jpg

Composite material consists of two layers of thin, pre-painted aluminum sheet, between which polypropylene is enclosed(dielectric constant=2,2),,,,

obJbW7ayDVtt8s9eFUHDqar4DV37-g8.jpg

SbBbW7ay5Vlt8idcRVIrq6r45V_7-uc.jpg

screenshot_1.png

1 person likes this

Can someone post close up pictures of what its supposed to look like of how the coax cable is soldered or connected to this antenna?

I see a lot of people using connectors. Is this the best way? I just drilled a hole big enough for the coax cable to go through and soldered the center copper wire to the vibrator. I also tried soldering the copper braid to the reflector. I'm still not getting any luck.

Also, can this work if you only want to use it for your mobile phone? I followed the Russian dudes 'WiFi Gun' YouTube video for this and made a capacitive coupling (sp?) at the end of the cable. 

BenQ204,,, why don't you read the whole post carefully...???

99.jpg

,,, yes, I think you used this TV plug (with the removal of the threaded collar)...

736.jpg

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,, yes, I think you used this TV plug (with the removal of the threaded collar)...

736.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what I did :D 

Thank you Mr JOMY

Not professionally made but it gave a great result  

156099979_1884151505065731_1159237964113007103_o (3).jpg

2 people like this

Update:
I made updates and was slow to upload. my new build does not have your cable feed design, but I plan to test differences.

I cut a new radiator in brass at the correct size, 68mm. I machined a small piece of copper pipe to reach from SMA to radiator. 
I recut the original radiator down from 65 to 54mm, to be the first lens disk and closed the original feed spot with aluminum tape.
The reception may be slightly better now, maybe, but the screw attachment method seems to have been working okay.

I don't have a 3Ghz SWR meter to test this antenna yet (in the mail). In the mean time, I built an antenna testing robot (azimuth 160d, elevation 90d, polarization 360d).
It has a GRBL machine controller and nRF24L01 radio system. The 24L01 radio does not have RSSI, but I created a ping reply program to 'Test' the link quality.
A python script on a computer aims the robot and stores samples. Later I can analyze in a spread sheet (pic: data of bowtie scan).
I plan to test my latest yagi build then convert to coax feed design as you specified above. I hope to quantify the differences.

@ Admin, in that white antenna you pictured, what does the electrical connection to the radiator look like? 
Are the coax feeds connected to different surfaces of the laminated material? (side -> front, top -> back)
or are front and back metal sheets connected? (side + top -> front + back)

signal-2021-02-23-204410_001.jpeg

signal-2021-02-23-204410_003.jpeg

signal-2021-02-23-204410_004.jpeg

signal-2021-02-23-205008.jpeg

20210308_090504.jpg

20210308_090526.jpg

Capture.PNG

2 people like this

,,, it might look like that...

pushka13.jpg

1 person likes this

On 12/10/2020 at 9:26 PM, Hamza said:

Yagi patch 2,4 GHz   14-15  DBi  inspired by Jomy  

Is it really 14 dBi?

Oh, no wonder, using that wide reflector. this could be a great model for building my next antenna project. and by the way, thanks Admin!

,,, the thickness of the material does not matter too much...!!!

1 person likes this