Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rob

yagi 2.4Ghz yagi

239 posts in this topic

not sure about the ..."antenna"...but if you have an UNBALANCED (CO-AXIAL CABLE) contact on the board and you wanna extend that signal path...

the coax shield is of the utmost importance (keeping isolation , impedance , and vswr) must be solder to gnd the closest possible to inner wire (50ohms)

two antennas are for MIMO (speed

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

21905767.jpg

,,,these are the real dimensions...

589.jpg

2 people like this

,,, no, the vibrating element does not need to be isolated...!!!

Hi,

I am new to Yagi 2.4 antenna. I am looking for an antenna which may increase signal strghnth for my 4g SIM card modem TP Link MR64000. This modem have two antennas. But it does not give much speed. Which type of antenna should i make and connect to my modem as out door extermal antenna? I have made following and it does not perform well. this design is from andrew on youtube. 

Thanks,

Khubaib

20210126_020005.jpg

9 hours ago, clanon said:

WHAT CABLE is THAT...? 

It is regular copper cable normally used for speakers.

1 person likes this

,,, if andrew mcneil taught you something like that, it means he's on the outside of antenna bester...

screenshot_2642.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Admin said:

,,, if andrew mcneil taught you something like that, it means he's on the outside of antenna bester...

screenshot_2642.jpg

Could you please share a good design for 4G SIM router which can boost signals and also share which cable should i use? I know i have left some loop holes , i just I have installed a connector and did not use it due to cable diffrence. i also isolated vibrator using a plastic bag strips :).

,,, use coaxial cable with 50 Ohm impedance, and the rest you will find here on this post...!!!

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Khubaib said:

It is regular copper cable normally used for speakers.

When McNeil mocks cheap, low quality coax as "speaker wire," he doesn't mean you should use literal speaker cable to connect your antenna. :I

I know he's done a video on the Kreosan "WiFi Gun" and another testing it inside a wave guide, and he definitely used normal coax on those, connected the normal way.

8 hours ago, BurgHammer said:

When McNeil mocks cheap, low quality coax as "speaker wire," he doesn't mean you should use literal speaker cable to connect your antenna. :I

I know he's done a video on the Kreosan "WiFi Gun" and another testing it inside a wave guide, and he definitely used normal coax on those, connected the normal way.

Agree, I thought it may work. BTW what difference the wire could make, as i am learning about antennas need to keep in mind.

On 1/25/2021 at 0:47 PM, Admin said:

,,,these are the real dimensions...

589.jpg

For above diagram, can we add two connectors to antenna and install same to 4G SIM Router?

The first 90mm plate, should it be corved as shown in picuture?

,,, it is best not to use two connectors on a single antenna but to use two antennas with one connector each...!!!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:12 AM, Khubaib said:

Agree, I thought it may work. BTW what difference the wire could make, as i am learning about antennas need to keep in mind.

2.4ghz (2400Mhz) anything above 500mhz behaves completely different to ...say 10 khz...At this high frequencies the cable behaves more like a waveguide than a cable...Coaxial shield keep  the wave RF inside avoiding RADIATION spills and EM interactions...Impedance must be kept at 50 ohms from generator to load (antenna) any changes missadaptations would mean wasted energy or in the worst cases (like yours) energy bouncing back to the generator (wifi card) this is called VSWR and must be kept under 2:1

Edited by clanon

On 1/30/2021 at 0:12 AM, clanon said:

2.4ghz (2400Mhz) anything above 500mhz behaves completely different to ...say 10 khz...At this high frequencies the cable behaves more like a waveguide than a cable...Coaxial shield keep  the wave RF inside avoiding RADIATION spills and EM interactions...Impedance must be kept at 50 ohms from generator to load (antenna) any changes missadaptations would mean wasted energy or in the worst cases (like yours) energy bouncing back to the generator (wifi card) this is called VSWR and must be kept under 2:1

Thanks for the explanation, it does help.

1 person likes this

On 30/01/2021 at 0:12 AM, clanon said:

How much speed or improvement would increase if i install two antenns with 4G SIM router? If all dimentions and process is followed? instead of router antennas.

MiMo (2T2R) it's the improvement over the max for a regular wifi (150Mbits/s (15Mbytes/s)) and it should start (on OPTIMAL conditions) at 300Mbps (30Mbytes/s) and UP 

Of course it depends in SIGNAL STRENGTH (- db) and QUALITY (Packets Lost)

Edited by clanon

Hi. 

I have built antenna with latest design. I observed upload speed decreased and download speed increased. What could be the reason for this? Image attached

20210209_010140.jpg

18 hours ago, Khubaib said:

Hi. 

I have built antenna with latest design. I observed upload speed decreased and download speed increased. What could be the reason for this? Image attached

20210209_010140.jpg

Can u pls share the details of that latest design?

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Eric said:

Can u pls share the details of that latest design?

There you go. 

589.jpg

Hi,

I have few more questions if anyone can answer.

1. Can this Yagi Antenna transmist and receive signal at the same time. 

2. What is inside white cone and what does that do as attached.

3. I have TP Link MR6400 router it has two antennas not sure if both transmit or receive signals or one receives and the other transmit.

4. I have pretty good response from this antenna, now looking for omni directional antenna designs. 

5. Is there any way to identify transmission tower location? I have so many towers on my sight but not sure which one to point my Yagi antenna at? It will be great help if you could share transmission tower tracking app.

Appriciate your help in advance.

Regards,

Khubaib

2-10-2021 4-58-41 PM.png

1 person likes this