Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calipso99

Looking for both a small panel antenna and disk yagi antenna design for 3g 1900mhz band

48 posts in this topic

as the title says, im looking for a simple panel antenna design that can be used as feed point for a off set oval vertically oriented dish. i only have RG6/U cable to connect the antenna to the device, which is a 3g dongle.

also looking for a Disk yagi antenna design for the same pùrpose, 3G 1900mhz band.

,, welcome, but on this site you did not find anything useful to you...!!!???

1 minute ago, Admin said:

,, welcome, but on this site you did not find anything useful to you...!!!???

go to this YT video and go to 11:52

is that good design for 1900mhz 3G band ? (1850mhz-1989mhz)

Regarding the patch antenna design, havent found a simpler enough design for a dish feed point.

,,, for offset dish, I think this is better...

screenshot_685.png

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

screenshot_685.png

like that design, looks not too hard to make, is that an active element plus a parasitic ?

15 minutes ago, Admin said:

screenshot_685.png

forgot to mention, the dish measures 60x66cm, the widest size is on the vertical axis, just a regular satellite tv dish

Regarding the disk yagi antenna, that will be a standalone.. just another option. the celullar towers are not farther than 3km, im withing coverage but ping is bad. i dont have line of sight, just trees in the way.

Edited by calipso99
adding to my comment

,,, the distance is not great and the trees do not have such a great influence ....!!!

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,, the distance is not great and the trees do not have such a great influence ....!!!

good to know, so you have the dimensions of the panel antenna you shared with me ?

Just now, clanon said:

Is it MiMo the dongle...? Two antennas...

its a huawei E1756 , it has a single U.FL (or at least it looks like it) port for a external antenna. and im worrying a bit about how im going to connect my antenna to the dongle. thinking about desoldering the U.FL port and soldering some small diameter coax straight to the board.

,,, for MiMo, you need another type of antenna...!!!

,,, aaa, well if you have huawei E1756 modem ... why don't you put him in the focus of offset  dish??

10 minutes ago, Admin said:

,,, aaa, well if you have huawei E1756 modem ... why don't you put him in the focus of offset  dish??

im quite far from the dish, some 8 meters of cable lenght needed, dont think it would be wise to have a USB cable that long, plus i want an actual antenna for my dongle.

Hope you can share the dimensions of the panel antenna.

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Could you at least recommend me a good antenna designer program? one that can design a panel type antenna

,,, maybe tomorrow I will give you the details of this antenna...

screenshot_686.png

,, try to open your huawei E1756 modem to see where the inside antenna is...!!!

2 hours ago, Admin said:

,, try to open your huawei E1756 modem to see where the inside antenna is...!!!

already did, its between the usb port and the rest of the dongle. right next to it is a U.FL female connector. i got to say, cant find the copper trail that connects to the internal antenna.

post-84049-1296068037.jpg 

I would feel more comfortable soldering the antenna wire there where the U.FL connector goes. i would need to desolder that connector first and then solder some thin coax wire straight to the board.

oh by the way, the cell tower i want to reach is actually 5.5km away. no ground obstructions.. just trees.

,,, these are the promised dimensions ... !!!

5.png

4.png

3.png

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot, the dimensions are in Milimeters? also, thats a 45 degree bend on each side of reflector ?

,,, yes, the foam is dielectric and the dimensions are in millimeters...!!!