Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antonius

Aluminum Soldering Method

Hello everyone, I am very happy to join this forum. Thank you Master Jomy for allowing me to join.
This is my stupid way of soldering aluminum. Will this affect the performance of the antenna? Is there a better way than this? Thank you.

3.jpg

IMG_20210809_165712.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_20210809_165633.jpg

IMG_20210809_165744.jpg

2 people like this

,,, thanks Antonius, no, the performance of the antenna is not influenced by this method of soldering .. !!!
,,, please ,attach a few words for explanation to each image above...!!!

To conclude from the image above, each joint I'm about to solder looks like a small coil of copper wire. The key to making soldering on aluminum easier is the winding of the copper wire. I took this copper wire from a piece of LAN cable. Then, the two plates to be joined, I made holes with a diameter of 1 mm on both sides, then the two holes were joined with a copper wire coil, wrapped as tightly as possible, then just glued the tin with solder on the front and back. I think this is the easiest way to do it.

5.jpg

1 person likes this

what i've notice in the SIMs is that every time you add metal Frecuency of Resonance goes up , a little...you might try to take that into account

PS: is that a SIGN or a LICENSE PLATE...?

Edited by clanon

It's not  soldering Way  at all. ?!!!

You just attached the aluminium  pieces  by coper wire. And you solder the coper wire .

So the aluminium pieces are attached but not soldered .

Anyway you are welcome bro   and have good luck.

1 person likes this

if there's movement (wind , manipulation , vibrations) you might experiment ups and downs in signal strength (VSWR , Mismatch impedance, resonance , etc)

As long the CONTACT is good , all ok.

1 person likes this

,,, maybe this would be another method...

screenshot_333.png

1 person likes this

On 8/10/2021 at 10:03 PM, clanon said:

what i've notice in the SIMs is that every time you add metal Frecuency of Resonance goes up , a little...you might try to take that into account

PS: is that a SIGN or a LICENSE PLATE...

If it was made a little neater, would it still affect the resonance? That's right, the material I use is the vehicle number plate / License Plate.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, clanon said:

if there's movement (wind , manipulation , vibrations) you might experiment ups and downs in signal strength (VSWR , Mismatch impedance, resonance , etc)

As long the CONTACT is good , all ok.

At each plate connection, I put a little wedge which I glued on both sides. So the connection remains secure.

On 8/11/2021 at 1:23 AM, Hamza said:

It's not  soldering Way  at all. ?!!!

You just attached the aluminium  pieces  by coper wire. And you solder the coper wire .

So the aluminium pieces are attached but not soldered .

Anyway you are welcome bro   and have good luck.

Thank you. Maybe that's a more appropriate name.

3 hours ago, Antonius said:

At each plate connection, I put a little wedge which I glued on both sides. So the connection remains secure.

Styrofoam is the most TRANSPARENT material  (almost no effect on Resonance) , but thin PET is good too...Silicone sealer are NOT recommended (high losses)