Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jeriyant

Yagi Antenna Yagi Extreme 3 Dual Driven

46 posts in this topic

Sir may I know which modem you are using(model and number) ? Your country LTE has using which band? Modem has how many port for 4g antenna? What are the input impedance of the modem(50 ohm) ? I think i can give you some oppinion on antenna selection, modem selection, and antenna setup advice. I had imported the TXR185 before:

https://images.app.goo.gl/KXE9rHe5aPBtvdN19

The design is not much different from yours. So far the TXR185 performance is just average. 

In addition, the cable selection also very important, if the system are 50 ohm, better look for 50ohm cable, and select RG8U or LMR400, i think this two cables are the most common cable can be found in market with lowest signal losses. Anyway looking forward for your reply. Hope I can help you as much as I can

TWO folded dipoles (300 ohms in ideal conditions) with one 75 ohms cable and sometimes split at the end on Two pigtails...and lots of SILICONE...I think they're HITTING the RIGHT frequency and getting around 15 or more db...dunno REFLECTOR SIZE is GOOD , tho

Edited by clanon
1 person likes this

On 3/17/2021 at 1:41 AM, clanon said:

TWO folded dipoles (300 ohms in ideal conditions) with one 75 ohms cable and sometimes split at the end on Two pigtails...and lots of SILICONE...I think they're HITTING the RIGHT frequency and getting around 15 or more db...dunno REFLECTOR SIZE is GOOD , tho

Yes, my friend, this antenna uses a 75ohm RG6 cable. can you show how to design this antenna and what software is good to use?

On 3/17/2021 at 0:28 AM, yeam said:

Sir may I know which modem you are using(model and number) ? Your country LTE has using which band? Modem has how many port for 4g antenna? What are the input impedance of the modem(50 ohm) ? I think i can give you some oppinion on antenna selection, modem selection, and antenna setup advice. I had imported the TXR185 before:

https://images.app.goo.gl/KXE9rHe5aPBtvdN19

The design is not much different from yours. So far the TXR185 performance is just average. 

I have tried to install the YAGI TXR185 antenna with 3 driven, but the results are not satisfactory, it only works on 4G 900mhz and 1800mhz frequencies. unlike the antenna that I posted above by using any modem the signal is still good and can capture 4G 900mhz, 1800mhz and 2100mhz 3G frequencies.

Edited by Jeriyant

We are using CST studio. It is easy to start with 

9 hours ago, Jeriyant said:

Yes, my friend, this antenna uses a 75ohm RG6 cable. can you show how to design this antenna and what software is good to use?

you could start with my model and tweak it to your needs...CST MWS 2020

8 hours ago, clanon said:

HI, do you have offset parabolic model? 

46 minutes ago, clanon said:

nop...but maybe JOMY have one...

diameter 

F/d

?

I am looking for 60 or 65cm.

20 hours ago, clanon said:

HI, do you have offset parabolic model? 

Thanks sir, are you using CST 2020 because my version is not compatible. Can you export the model so it can be use in other cst version? 

ACIS .sat sab What year...?

or STL  iges step NASTRAN...?

I am using CST studio 2017. other details is shown in the photo

year.GIF

Anyway friends, what conclusion did you come to with the modeling of this antenna, is it that good?

Yagis hit a WALL at 15 dbi most of the times (with 15 elements and a BIG reflector)...you need 2 for 18 dbi , 4 for 21 , etc 

Need more than 17dBi? You have to  build  antenna 10*Lambda boom, You nedd 20dBi than yo have to use Yagi with 20*lambda boom lenght,  or try grid or parabola 10*lambda radius will give aprox. 30dBi