Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

garry

FPV hobby

94 posts in this topic

Hello friends! I am sure that on this forum there are people engaged in this fascinating hobby flights from the first person. I'm here to discuss issues related to FPV.
Question one: which models do you prefer?
I like flying wings.

1 person likes this

Hello buddy, I'm glad you appeared on this forum and I hope this topic will be successful ...!!

If you have something interesting to show, please let us know...!!

,,,all the best...!!!

,,,my friend, I think it would be interesting to present some flying wings ... what do you say?

Now the class of racing wings is becoming very popular. They are small in size, up to 1200 millimeters in span, equipped with a flight controller, a powerful engine (used from racing quadrocopters), a battery with a high current output. All this together allows you to develop a speed above 100 kilometers per hour. Controllers as a rule with firmware INAV, Very flexible and rich in custom firmware, allows you to customize the wing for your own needs. If there is a module GPS, the controller may lose the connection, or an emergency situation may return the wing to the launch site and plant it.

It's very exciting to watch!

1 person likes this

To control the model for small distances, the frequency is usually 2400 MHz, the video frequency is 5800 MHz. For further distances more than a dozen kilometers, the control is 433 MHz, the video is 1200 MHz. So, that good antennas in this hobby are also in demand. :)

... for these frequencies(433MHz,1200MHz), the antennas become much larger, so some miniature antennas should be used in this case...!!!

We have to look for a compromise in the design of the antenna. These frequencies allow us to fly further. Antennas with good characteristics make it easier than antennas for 5.8 GHz.

"I think something like that...

73.jpg

Frequency of work

48,5-100 MHz

174-230 MHz

Gain =9-10 dBi

10 minutes ago, garry said:

For what frequency is this antenna?

,,see above...!!!

,,very wide band antenna..!!

It is interesting! But it is better for 1.2 GHz. Control of 433 MHz breaks at a power of 1 watt 50 kilometers. On board, the video transmitter has an omni-directional antenna in the form of a dipole VII (for better aetodynamics), its signal should be caught on the ground, and a good directional antenna is needed.

I see such a construction for the first time. What are the characteristics of this antenna?

This is a variety

1-15-1.gif

Edited by garry

Fine Tuned Inverted Vee Antenna for longer range video transmission.

29.jpg

vee_02.jpg

1 person likes this

This design is common on carriers flying over long distances, its main advantage is low resistance to air flow, as well as ease of manufacture.

Garry, where can  find the drawings on these flying wings?

I would like to post them on this topic...!!!

IMG_4583_zpsc9akihdd.jpg

At your request, Garry, I made this biloop-antenna for the 1.16GHz frequency...

1,16 Ghz_01-tile.jpg

,,,with the execution drawings...

1,16 Ghz_07.jpg

1,16 Ghz_08.jpg

this piece of wire bends with the radius above

82.jpg

1 person likes this

But for the first experience of construction I would recommend KESL 32, it is simple and with the fall, which is inevitable, does not suffer much and is easily repaired.
Also, to begin practicing a flight simulator, for example Picasim, this will save the model and give the necessary experience in piloting.

FT Mini Arrow v1.1 AIO.pdf.crdownload...don"t work...!!!

Hello friends! I built the antenna according to calculations kindly provided by the respected ADMIN. For bending the wire, I made a pattern of metal, with the hands of the wire on the outer edge of the template, then pressing the pliers around the inner edge with pliers.
Soldered the two rings through the half-grooved edges. Soldered strips, then the whole construction on the reflector. The rest can be seen in the photo.

20180222_181546.JPG

20180222_181603.JPG

20180222_181619.JPG

20180222_210513.JPG

20180222_215650.JPG

20180222_215700.JPG

20180222_215723.JPG

20180222_215815.JPG

20180222_215828.JPG

20180222_215837.JPG

1 person likes this