Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ZILZAL

SBB5089 + RF2126 1800~2400MHz 1W RF power amplifier

Hi Guys, Im new to this and would like to learn from you as i see a lot of you are very experienced with antenna stuff,
So i saw this on aliexpress: SBB5089 + RF2126 1800~2400MHz 1W RF power amplifier ,

And would like to know if it will work for LTE ? , if i connect it inline between the router and antenna, will it help increase the reception signal ?

interested in Bands 1 (2100) and B3(1800).

GK2vfCi.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001317616347.html

well...the best "amplifier" is a GOOD (optimal) antenna , matched to RADIO specs...

Sensibility is MOST important (for client anyway) "reception signal"

PS: so what are your requirements...

Distance , Mimo (speed), modem specs...bands used...

On 9/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, clanon said:

well...the best "amplifier" is a GOOD (optimal) antenna , matched to RADIO specs...

Sensibility is MOST important (for client anyway) "reception signal"

PS: so what are your requirements...

Distance , Mimo (speed), modem specs...bands used...

I do have

• parabolic mimo antenna KIP9-1700/2700 antenna.
  • B525 Router.
  • using 50 Ohm RFC400 cables (6 meters long) . 

I get low signal (2-3 bars max) on 4G+: 
aqKHqio.png

RSRQ most of the times worse than -6db, maybe goes to -9dB, -13dB. 

So basically i want to get better performance/speed.

well , ALL i can say is ; FR and any cheap dielectric (Non Microwave specific , expensive) in every antenna  i've simulated ...takes the "juice" of small signals away...you lose in the best cases 5% 7% ...or even MORE...it may seem small...but when you have low sensibility , bad SNR ...and long cables...it all add up for worse...maybe you should try a feeder...ALL METAL...designed for your frecuencies...

LOTs of FR here...https://www.wifi-antennas.com/topic/229-broadband-mimo-irradiator-kip9-17002700-dp-for-satellite-dish/ 

Good for Manufacture...bad for small signal

Edited by clanon

Puting the modem RIGTH by the antenna (waterproof enclosure) , could be nice...(shortest possible cable RF)

1 person likes this

there is a problem:

your antenna is used to RX and TX (TDD, FDD...), and putting a PA or LNA can benefit only TX or RX the other one gets attenuated

the devices have usually an RF front end IC that switches between PA and LNA mode based on control pin voltage ................. (pain in the ass to manipulate)

checkup list: 

check that the KIP9-1700/2700 antenna is in the focus of the parabolic dish

the dish is correctly oriented (not a side lobe)

measure the cable & antenna (if you have some equipment), there's maybe water inside the cable...

Easy improvement:

get the router as close to the antenna as possible (5 meters more of ethernet cable has a lower impact on the connection than 5 meters of coax)

Spend money:

get a router that is integrated with the irradiator for example Kroks Rt-Pot sHw DS

get a bigger parabolic dish

3 people like this

FR of the antenna is within required range for B3(1800) And B1(2100). 

And as i mentioned before i use good quality dielectric coax cable RFC400, and also 5 maters for this kind of cable is considered short and very little attenuation.  

Maybe i will try to get 1 meter or 75cm cables and test it later , but i dont guess the issue is from cables as the cables i have is good quality low loss cables, see datasheet: http://www.shireeninc.com/wp-content/uploads/PDF-files/PDF- CABLE Spec Sheets/Coaxial Cables/Specs-RFC400.pdf

I will try a larger dish maybe, currently i have 80cm i guess, i will try to get 120 and see. 

For this to work you need a thing called SPDT (SP4T, SP8T) switch.

But you gotta watch for self oscilation.