Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

clanon

14 dbi FR4

,,, dimensions please, if it is  possible...!!!!

1 person likes this

Don't forget the pass through pins (4 of them)

Captura.JPG

Captura2.JPG

fr.JPG

fr2.JPG

pin.JPG

1 person likes this

,,, yes, everything is ok, but there are some missing dimensions..!!!

2 hours ago, daengnappa said:

how and where to connect the conductor and ground of coaxial cable?

pan1.jpg.8b250747c6a26cf36c9f1b8730d45142.jpg

antenna_full.jpg.d564fd32e819faf7ec3e06e9bb92d40a.jpg

On 9/9/2020 at 8:32 PM, clanon said:

1mm FR4 

22 mm to REFLECTOR (to get 50 ohms)

Z.JPGfront.dxf

14dbi_01.gif

vswr.JPG

Hi
At a glance, which one of these two Antennas is better for long range WiFi application. FR4 (Above photo) or wifi gun (below photo)?
and an other question, how to know the suitable Impedance of an antenna for some transceiver like TP-Link TL-WN722N?   50ohm? 70ohm or what?

592.jpg.8d28920a0f8d258524582618111aeb0f.jpg

wn722 and ALMOST ALL wifi are 50 ohms standard...

long range ...? HOW LONG...?

how powerful and sensible each "radio"...?

Obstacles or Line of Sight...?

14db at 90% efficiency or more is good for some kilometres without obstacles with a SENSIBLE (-96db or more ) radio (Wn722)...but depends in the router you are connecting to...

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, clanon said:

wn722 and ALMOST ALL wifi are 50 ohms standard...

long range ...? HOW LONG...?

how powerful and sensible each "radio"...?

Obstacles or Line of Sight...?

14db at 90% efficiency or more is good for some kilometres without obstacles with a SENSIBLE (-96db or more ) radio (Wn722)...but depends in the router you are connecting to...

I know for obstacles it is better to use omni Antenna. but is there any chance with 2.4GHz in obstacles Areas? how is it possible? the waves will absorbs by Obstacles very soon.
Also I ask for which one of above antennas can be better? WiFi-Gun or FR4?

...the thing (in practice  is i've pointed  HIGHLY DIRECTIONAL antennas  to REFLECTIONS from routers i know aren't there and still  get a good connection...you lose less than 3db by wall (ussually) 2.4ghz goes trough most materials non-metal...

the antennas are very similar in PERFORMANCE....

which one is easier to build and keep closer to specs...for YOU...?

i think the YAGIs...are easier...

1 person likes this

An other question: for obstacles I use 3wat amplifier. (using a simple 6dbi omni antenna, it can increase signal strength and range for double or triple or more). Can I use these types of amplifiers with above antenna? how can be its effect?

Sunhans SH24BTA-N 35dBm 2.4GHz 3W

2960200-3.jpg

Sensitivity (how well you LISTEN)

and

NOT POWER (how much you YELL)

is the KEY FACTOR...

VSWR (closer to 1 and always under 2.1) is of utmost importance...

the TL-WN722 is one of the MOST sensible radios out there (if it has the AR9271 Ver.1.0) I have managed to get connections trough several walls and long distances (with ANY good antenna) the power output...never need more than 100mw...microwaves don't need that much power...because of the high frequencies...(it could be worse with an amp)

the 722 (AR9271) should be able to work great with those Yagis...

PS: use the SHORTER cable possible and SOLDER direct to antenna...if posible (connectors steal signal)

1 person likes this

On 10/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, clanon said:

pan1.jpg.8b250747c6a26cf36c9f1b8730d45142.jpg

antenna_full.jpg.d564fd32e819faf7ec3e06e9bb92d40a.jpg

in this design, reflector is not connected to Ground?

NOP...this dipole arrays (doble sided pcb) ALWAYS have the REFLECTOR FAR AWAY (between 10 and 25 centimeters)

PS: I don't think it would change a lot  if you peel off the sleeve from reflector to panel...

Edited by clanon

a question about this antenna: I've optimize this design for 1.6mm PCB by increasing Track width for 0.2mm (0.05mm at each size).

So by using 1.6mm PCB and this optimization, antenna has a VSWR=1.1 and Re=52ohm at 2450MHz.

but my question is: if I increase the track width for 0.4mm (0.2mm at each side), Re will be about 70ohm.  it is very sensitive for PCB production. is there a reliable way to manufacture this antenna? I think it is a super sensetive design. if any track width changed or  top and bottom layer of PCB miss matched, the antenna loos it performance. is it a good design?

2 hours ago, bigbomber said:

a question about this antenna: I've optimize this design for 1.6mm PCB by increasing Track width for 0.2mm (0.05mm at each size).

So by using 1.6mm PCB and this optimization, antenna has a VSWR=1.1 and Re=52ohm at 2450MHz.

but my question is: if I increase the track width for 0.4mm (0.2mm at each side), Re will be about 70ohm.  it is very sensitive for PCB production. is there a reliable way to manufacture this antenna? I think it is a super sensetive design. if any track width changed or  top and bottom layer of PCB miss matched, the antenna loos it performance. is it a good design?

this is what happen if top and bottom layers miss-match only for 0.4mm

Screenshot 2021-06-19 123038.jpg

not is NOT the best design for less than 15dbi....

There's hundred or thousand designs for 15dbi or more (in this iste even) EASIER to MAKE

With the 722 i use ONLY METAL antennas...dielectrics SUCK the juice of the signals...

PS:The BIG change in VSWR is not a real life issue...is a SOFTWARE setting , intersections, port, or other...(can't change THAT much for 0.01 or 0.02)

Edited by clanon