Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jackburton4prez

Dual band 2.4/5.8 amplified ground station build.. help!

Well I'm new here,, and I'm looking for some advice for my long range drone build..

I currently have a DJI mavic 2 pro, a pelican case modified to house 2 dual band 2000mw amplifiers (specs below) w/ a 3000mah power supply, feeding a directional antenna - https://store.4hawks.com/dji/mavic-2/raptor-xr-m2

Amplifier specs-

Booster Model: SH-RC5824G2W
Operating Range:2.4~2.5 GHz, 5.0~5.875 GHz
Operating Mode:Bi-directional, half-duplex, time division duplex senses RF, carrier from transmitter and automatically switch receiving to transmitting mode.
Connector Type:SMA Receptacle 50ohm,To radio SMA female(hole inside),To antenna RP-SMA female(pin inside)
Input Power:0~20 dBm
Transmit Gain:15-18dB
Output Power:2000mW (33dBm)
Receiver Gain:≤ 12 dB
Noise Figure:≤3.5 dB typical
Frequency Response:±1dB over operating range
Supported voltages: 5V~16V/2A DC

This set up has left me wanting more. More range, better signal, the usual.. but with emphasis on penetration.. my current build has taken me 3+ miles from a little 6 foot tripod, but signal is sketchy.. im looking to build another set up that includes #1. A deployable antenna mast, no more than 30-40 feet in height. A new antenna, and if necessary higher powered amplifiers. Just trying to pick your brains on some theory and suggestions when it comes to hardware.. amplifier/output, antenna type, cable/size/length/etc, connector types, and so on.. any input is appreciated! 

welcome...!!!
,,,interesting antenna for double band, you can show what it looks like inside ... ??? !!!

,,, regarding the hardware-amplifier, they cannot be DIY....!!!

,,, maybe it's something like this .... ???

838.jpg

"sketchy" signal is instability (poor SWR, Gain-Sensibility ,Losses ) all fixable with the RIGHT ANTENNA and wiring .Maybe using the same hardware you have now...i find out that different RF hardware respond different to same antennas

But first of all you need to find the weakness on your chain

A 24dbi GRID and or an offset parabolic could do miracles in RANGE

Edited by clanon

,,,interesting antenna for Dji Mavic/Mavic 2 models is highly advanced, operating in both 2.4GHz as well as 5GHz frequencies 

The concept behind the look of the antenna was to make it look like it was a part of the drone by default...

Raptor XR for DJI Mavic 2.4 GHz Port 1 & Port 2, Radiation Pattern.png

Raptor XR Range Extender Mavic - 4.jpg