Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kledi

What Is this antenna?

Hi, can someone explain me what Is the "short-pin" on this antenna? 

IMG_20200711_235644.jpg

short pin here = piece of conductor(short-circuit conductor)

1 person likes this

It's for unbalanced LINES (COAX) NO need to use a balun... (PS: Since the antenna GEOMETRY is electrically "BALANCED")

Edited by clanon

8 hours ago, Kledi said:

Can this antenna work into a dish? 

,, it is possible, but it is quite complicated to build...!!!

=>

Their are No Magic Antennas , no mater what the manufactures claim.

It is a Cheap China antenna.

Cheap plastic.

Cheap soft aluminum.

Metal parts that corrode easy.

1 person likes this

I did not know where to post this so i ended up here. I have been trying to figure what this part is . It has an inside dimension of 1- 7/16 Can anyone help?

Is called a SHORT pin ..cause it does that... SHORTcircuits the antenna... to GND

A balanced feeding structure, shown in Figure 1, consists of two shorting pins and two feeding coax cables. The two coax lines are placed along the centerline of the radiating patch and are located at a distance of S/2 from the center of the patch. The outer part of the feeding coax cable is connected to one arm of the dipole (yellow circle in Figure 1) and the inner part connected to the other arm of the dipole (red circle in Figure 1). With two shorting pins connecting to the inner part of the feeding coax, good isolation between the two ports is achieved.