Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

reteblu

Modification antenna huawei e8378ws-210

Hi,
this is the huawei router e8378ws-210, it works with a sim data for Wifi connection.
Inside it has an antenna for the 4g signal.
Is it possible to solder a coaxial cable for connecting an external antenna in order to improve 
the 4g signal?
Thanks

huawei e8378ws-210.JPG

IMG_20200517_110435.jpg

2 + 2 antennas

2-Supports LTE FDD Band 3/7 (1800/2600 MHz) and TDD LTE Band 38 (2600 MHz

2= Supports 3G UMTS 900/2100 MHz

9a.jpg

,,,, external antennas with Pigtail cable can be attached in the "P" points

screenshot_1504.jpg

the antennas are glued on top of each black plastic support and are covered with a black adhesive tape.
You can see the shape of the antenna if the photo has been taken against the light.
Under the plastic supports there are the connectors, when the board will be inserted into the plastic supports 
they will match with the connectors of the board.

IMG_20200520_124225.jpg

IMG_20200520_124523.jpg

IMG_20200517_110435 b.jpg

The external antennas can be connected using the coaxial cable as below....

a1e.jpg

Ok, thank you.
I have thinked about it and I want to try to connect an antenna like a wifi gun home made. For example:

wifi gun.JPG

When I complete the work I will post the images.
I would also like to report the gain but unfortunately the control panel of the router has only the graphic mode.

segnale 4g.JPG

If let's say we connect other antennas using designed pigtail connectors we still need to break the circuit after the p connector? Are there downside effects to using one more antenna on the line? 

I apologize for the long response time... I've resumed this work now.

I chose to build a biquad antenna. my interest was to increase the sim card signal, so I connected only one antenna.

this modem has two antennas with two different frequencies; to find the right one I removed them one at a time, so I could see which of the two got the signal.

I desoldered the three connectors of the old antenna and soldered the cable directly onto the PCB.

I had some 75 ohm cable at home and it works quite well (the 50 ohm probably works better).

the dish is made of aluminum and for the antenna I used the wire from a coat hanger, the black support is made of plastic.

the actual gain is satisfactory, before I had 2 cleats, now I have 3-4 cleats out of 5.

I recommend this modem for those who surf with a 4G sim card; it is reliable and consumes only 2 watts (6 watts in download).

I want to thank you for the help I have received on this site, and I hope to be of help to someone with what I have posted

IMG_20231231_112239.jpg

IMG_20231231_121508~3.jpg

2 people like this