Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Antennas for Drones

168 posts in this topic

Technical specification for manufacture of powerful antennas and high gain exclusively for FPV needs was consistent with the known Scientific-Production Center. The centre has a serious scientific potential, SOOOOO expensive equipment, modern production base and its patented production technology. The guys have been designing and manufacturing aerials for over 15 years and know about antennas just about anything, have experience of working with domestic manufacturers of UAV, FPV, therefore, subject them in part familiar and in this respect they have certain practices.

Just what we needed:

1) Create an antenna that would have a large gain, comparable with the antenna "Yagi" in the popular FPV range 1160-1280Mhz.

2) To the antenna form factor was close to a patch antenna (for ease of placement on a tripod)

3) had an adequate angle of orientation, eliminating the need to use the rotary system for tracking the model at long distances

Antenna gain from a 14.7 dB at the extreme frequencies of the range 1160Mhz 1280Mhz. Not difficult to guess that the gain in the middle of this range is significantly higher (the guys understand the task "literally"). This reinforcement is "not theoretical" and measured on real devices, on average, it in two times better than any patch.
2) the Antenna has dimensions of 400х400х25мм (including the case)
3) the Angle of orientation of the antenna about 40 degrees, which is not bad.

Specifications :
The most effective frequency range: 1160-1280Mhz
The gain in the effective frequency range: 14,7 dB
VSWR: less than 1.5
Polarization: linear vertical
The radiation pattern Vert/Horiz: 40/40 degrees
Input impedance: 50 Ohm
Connector: N-type "mother"
Weight: 2kg

dscf3805gt.jpg

As we can see, the antenna is a... rather strange design four groups oval active elements. Between them the special material. The reflector is a metal substrate, the active elements in each group, TWO(!!!) (instead of one in the classic patch).

3000a.jpg

11.jpg

1 person likes this

The connector type should be SMA. N type connector is not used in FPV window.

Okay, I'm gonna try to do a simulation with this kind of antenna but the patches will be elliptical

SOMETHING LIKE THAT,,,,

4ellipt_01.thumb.jpg.d936f1dac2af2d66ae18cc0d41798cec.jpg

For small drone racers, the antennas are working at 5800 MHz. At these frequencies the distance is shorter but the video image is better. In addition, these freestyle systems are very small and lightweight. There are many 5.8GHz antenna types that have proven to date. However, the most efficient antenna in these antennas is the circular polarization omni antenna. It will be very useful to produce this antenna by calculating it for 5800 MHz frequency.

TBS_Triumph_antenna_pair_SMA_7_spc.jpg

DPL-4A.jpg

Edited by efeksk
picture

Yes, and covers a wider bandwidth

1 person likes this

About that, what do you think?

With a parabolic reflector

pop_01.jpg

77.jpg

The parabolic refractor will not work.
Because race drones have a versatile flight character. He is doing acrobatics. In this case, there will be a dead RF field at the bottom of the parabolic reflector antenna.

Have you tried that kind of thing ... ??

But anyway ,these omnidirectional antennas have a very low directivity gain,,,!!!

And why not try with a 85mm diameter parabolic reflector from a methane gas cylinder bottom,,,??

Picture 17.jpg

1 person likes this

Yeah. In my example, the antenna is more successful in terms of parasite and gain

DPL-4A.jpg

44 minutes ago, Admin said:

Ve neden bir metan gazı silindirinin altından 85mm'lik bir parabolik reflektörle denemiyoruz?

Picture 17.jpg

Would that be successful?

Of course, should be tried,,,,!!!!

At the 85 mm diameter parabola, the focus is 33.5mm

I found this on the internet and I would like to try to do it, what I need in the rest, much cheaper and easier to do (DIY)

Please give me some indications .. !!!

e48.jpg

This picture is a fake drone. Totally merged to make fun of it. It can never fly like this

I do not want to buy, I want to do it myself,,,!!!!

1 person likes this

my dear friend.
You will need specially engineered engines and speed control units to make any drone capable of flying. You will also need a flight control card and software to control all these systems.

Engines must be capable of turning specially crafted propellers at high RPM values. Speed control units will be needed to control each of these engines separately. You will need a flight control system to control the engine and electronic speed controllers. You can not do all this with any engine. These systems are specially manufactured. You must buy the appropriate motor and electronic speed controllers to do it yourself. You will also need a remote control system and a flight controller card. Unfortunately, without them, it is impossible to do a drone that can fly with ordinary objects.

I've been working on this hobby for about 14 years. I did not see a drone that could fly with a cooler fan. Because their engine and propeller structure is not suitable for this job.

Also;
Each drone to be built has its own motor systems. The size of the drone, the weight, and the tasks to be done determine how all combinations will work. Unfortunately, this hobby is a bit expensive. It's a very difficult hobby from a financial point of view.

The basic elements you will need are as follows.

1- Main body
2- Motors suitable for main body
3- Electronic speed controller suitable for motors (ESC)
4- Propellers suitable for engines and flight weight
5- Flight Control Card which will control the entire system
6- Video transmitter module for wireless video transmission
7- Lithium polymer battery suitable for the system
8- At least 6 Channel Controlled Radio Control
9- Video image receiver module
10- Suitable screen or video glasses for watching video image

1 person likes this