Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Antennas for Drones

168 posts in this topic

This antenna does not have the correct dimensions for the subscribed frequency...

05.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9507.jpg

Hello! I think for FPV flights for long distances the antenna on the basis of BESTER BDM-2 will be very useful for the frequency of 1160 MHz. In my opinion, making such an antenna is easier, and it will be successful among colleagues. Therefore, a huge request to the ADMIN to simulate such an antenna.

1 person likes this

Antenna for Small UAV  by Nikita M. Boev

Explanation of antenna choice for small UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and its realization are presented. The suggested antenna has a simple construction with low weight and small size. It is operating in 2.4 GHz band. Radiation pattern is toroidal that allows to have a stabilized link at all directions to aircraft. Antenna is short-circuited for protecting from electrostatic discharge.

05.jpg

07.jpg

,,,and here is the simulation...

uav_06.jpg

uav_05.jpg

uav_04.jpg

uav_03.jpg

uav_02.jpg

uav_01.jpg

uav_01.gif

2 people like this

Nice collection of drones antenna on this thread. Here is a pair of twin pagoda antennas with corporate network match, for 5.8g FPV drones.

Dimensions in mm for the microstrip to be fabricated on 1.6mm FR4 (copper-cladded on both sides, bottom side not etched).

Stack Pagoda.jpg

Here is the video showing its gain and performance

Edited by RC-Concepts
1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Admin said:

RC-Concepts,

341.jpg

3.04mm wide for the 50ohm trace. 0.68mm wide for 100ohm trace.

Transformer for converting 100ohm to 50ohm is the quarter-wave micro strip which measures 7.29mm long and 1.59mm wide.

The length of the 50ohm traces(3.04mm wide) and the length of the 100ohm traces(0.68mm) do not matter. They can be made longer or shorter to allow the desired separation distance between the 2 pagoda antennas. However, the two traces after the T-joint must be equal lengths. I used a separation distance of 43mm between the 2 pagoda antennas.

Hope this helps. 

Your numbers are all ok except one is wrong. Please change 9.4 to 7.29. Quarterwave is 7.29mm according to relative permitivity of 1.22 for FR4. 

oooo, you're right, sorry...!!!!

,,,then ,so to be it...

349.jpg

Thanks for adding the measurements, it is useful for anyone who wants to build it.

,,,hi buddy...!!!

,,, you have the antenna pagoda .. ???

I don't know, but the results of this Pagoda antenna are not eloquent or maybe I'm wrong somewhere,,,,

screenshot_1353.jpg

19 hours ago, Admin said:

I don't know, but the results of this Pagoda antenna are not eloquent or maybe I'm wrong somewhere,,,,

screenshot_1353.jpg

Thanks for the simulation. There appears to be a problem with PCB A and PCB B. You need to rotate one of them until the 3 markers are perfectly aligned for the 2 discs. Refer to red arrows in below pictures.

BB8181BA-1F42-42C3-838D-80D4103D407B.jpeg91DD61E2-7C99-43C4-9522-82F8FDEF1819.jpeg

1 person likes this

My simulation above is compliant...!!!

How long is the coaxial cable ?, this is important ... !!!

RG402 coaxial used for each antenna is 71mm. After PCB A and B are aligned, you mean VSWR is still 6.74 in your simulation? This is strange.

3 minutes ago, RC-Concepts said:

After PCB A and B are aligned, you mean VSWR is still 6.74 in your simulation? This is strange.

,,,, yes, you're right, that's what I ask myself, why ... ??? !!!

I think you need to add PTFE tube of outer diameter 3mm and inner diameter of 0.9mm between PCB A and PCB C. This PTFE tube has a dielectric constant of 2.02 and a loss tangent of 0.00022

Alternatively, if the simulation software allows you to specify properties of the coaxial cable directly, the RG402 coaxial should have capacitance of 98.1 PF/m . Since our coaxial is 71mm long, the capacitance is 7PF. The capacitance (around 0.34PF) between signal (PCB A) and ground (PCB B) is necessary for the Pagoda. 

Edited by RC-Concepts

Yes, it seems that I had a mistake in the design, now it works,,,

268.jpg

,,here it"s the modified CST*file....!!!!

Pagoda 5.5.cst

1 person likes this

Drone like antenna

gain_0.png

gain.png

dron.png

S11.png

Edited by swarg_eu
1 person likes this

,,, the antenna is not visible ..!!!!