Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Modifications Tp-Link TL-MR3020

The only major drawback of the TL-MR3020 is the lack of an external antenna connector, this however can be easily hacked in a couple of simple steps and takes less than 15 minutes. 

0.jpg

1.jpg

Option A: If you want to use a Pigtail:

Solder the center of RG-174 (or the like) coax cable to the left pad (connected to C43 - see Image) and the braid/shield of the coax to the right strip (GND).

Option B: If you want to use a PCB Edge RP-SMA connector:

Solder the center pin (round) to the left pad (connected to C43 - see Image) and the right pin of the connector to the right pad (GND).

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

There have been reports of EM related damage to MR3020 routers that have been hacked the way shown below. It seems that the cut off capacitors after J4 were put there for EM protection rather than matching the antenna. Please follow the method shown above to have proper EM protection for your router's external antenna. The following images are only left as a reference for now

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

2 people like this

Nice tutorials..I'm already flashed to openWRT firmware... and how about powering TL MR3020 from ethernet port ( PoE in ) ?? i have no idea about it...

peoples outsmart it with an intermediate PoE injector to Micro USB port, but i think it's still powering by Micro USB port ( and high cost too maybe ), and then must have a DC Jack 5/9/12 Volt to Micro USB connector.... thanks..

Из чего собрать хорошую 3G или 4G антенну.mp4

I'm not still get it, can you give more explanation about that picture please ?.... Where we use RJ-11 port ?? and I guess the ethernet port of TL MR3020 will not accept the power supply, so we might modifying from TL MR3020's chipset sides maybe ?

,,,okay,I see,  but it has power supply..., do not understand the question, put the feed(POWER) in touch with WAN/LAN

i think adaptor of TP-Link TL MR3020 is Micro USB output, not RJ-45 output, and the datasheet said TL MR3020 just powered by Micro USB 5 Volt not by PoE in, is that correct ?

I see, cat5e or cat6 support transmitting power over ethernet cable , but the problem is ethernet  port (LAN/WAN) ( from TL MR3020 ) not accept PoE Injector if plugging from LAN/WAN Port, because TL MR3020 was designed just powering over Micro USB only ( default from factory ).  I've been plugged PoE injector to LAN/WAN port ( without plugging Micro USB adaptor ), TL MR3020 is still off...

well, im already searching around 2 months, and still i have no idea about it, thanks for your kindness :)

Винни, пожалуйста, разместите более подробную картину с этой конструкцией ... !!!!

300.jpg

«и особенно для этих монстров ...

02.jpg

03.jpg

If the micro usb sees 5vdc...it doesn't matters WHERE it came from...and GND off course

0404bbed587454b5a5733fb191808ea9.jpg