Welcome to WIFI Antennas

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Admin

Bester Antenna

190 posts in this topic

What does it isolate? I see the free space between the active disk and the reflector. Give a link to the video.

1800-2100 MHz? What does it mean? Dual band (4g + 3g)? LOL! This is not an antenna, it is piece of... metal. Made very poor quality.

If you use direct cable entry without a connector (or a connector with a solder connection as in the photo), then a spacer is not needed.

What is the polarization of this antenna? Linear? Where are the other graphs (vswr, gain)?

WOW

jomy

this dude is very intensive ....

2 people like this

You must get a really strong signal from that station. Its creating standing waves on your antenna.

Congrats on getting the photo orientation right

Jim

my bester antenna

IMG_20190903_195348.jpgz.png

farfiled2.png

s-param.png

vswr.png

z.png

Edited by bejonet
2 people like this

,,s21,s12 it"s not good,", for this antenna is not recommended...!!!

,,,read this..http://www.antenna-theory.com/definitions/sparameters.php

The port-to-port isolation is defined as the ratio between the power fed into one port of the antenna to the power received at the other port. It is therefore an important parameter to consider if the antenna is to be used with a transmitter that makes use of MIMO. Ideally one would like the two ports to be completely independent (infinite isolation) because then what ever signal is transmitted from one port will not interfere with the signal transmitted from the other port. The lower the isolation, the more interference there will be between the two transmitted signals.

How does that new Bester Antenna behave ,,,???

screenshot_1507.jpg

515.jpg

606.jpg

Hi jomy

somewhere is stated that this type of antenna is circular porized, that is not true at all, i recently have some problems with this antenna 

my son use it on another computer complain to me that he have bad signal, he mean low signal from AP..

after looking i think that something else is wrong ,AP send H polarized wifi signal and when we desolder and solder again coaxial cable inner wire into V

position msignal becomes large and very very good , strenght more than 86%...So people be carefull how you polarize youer antennas!

1 person likes this

,,,the truth is that for this type of antenna also called 'gun', the insulation between the ports is not good , so the antenna is not good for MiMo....!!!

Isolation between ports,i don't get it , do you mean isolation between director and central metal rod/screw ?

I recently build one and work well, just is a sensitive to polarization.

Jomy ..i have old satelite dish and i have in plan to use it to try pick up wifi signal ... air line cca 3- to 4 km i am not sure..

so is it better use simple biquad with reflector and add it to satelite dish (60cm...or 70 i am not sure too) or ad patch similar to this 'gun' antenna 

i mean just two reflector 90mm and patch 68mm...

thanks !!

,,,no, the isolation is a measure of how well the two ports are separated from each other in terms of unwanted signal coupling. 30dB isolation is in most cases considered 'high isolation'(s21. s12 =aprox.30dB)

The port-to-port isolation is defined as the ratio between the power fed into one port of the antenna and received at the other port. Ideally one would like the two ports to be completely independent (infinite isolation) because the signal transmitted from one port will not interfere with the signal transmitted from the other port. The lower the isolation, the more interference there will be between the two transmitted signals.

,,,for satellite dish, I think the best is the Batwing antenna(it"s broadband)...!!!

On 28/10/2016 at 7:36 PM, Admin said:

Construction practice of MIMO antennas Bester...

5126246.jpg

5164991.jpg5165009.jpg

Can we have the dimension of this mimo antenna? 

oK i will try add batwing to satelite dish dia 80cm

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, aurel said:

oK i will try add batwing to satelite dish dia 80cm

offset or regular...?

By the way has anybody tried to put two FEEDs at 90 degrees on a regular dish (parabolic) ? (MiMo)...?